300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About TB Tests for NY

As you guys know I am starting the NYSDOCS Academy on the 27th. I was looking at the memo they send us with our acceptance letter. My question is about the documentation and policy surrounding the TB testing. I get tested anually at my current employer. However I was having localized allergic reactions to the tests that looked like possible positive test result. This year the reaction was labeled suspicious and I was sent to my physician who said it was a false positive and sent me for a chest x-ray for safe measure. She did not put me on a profalactic(preventative medicine) because she fest it was a false positive.

My question is that the packet said we must bring documentation of dates that I took the profalactic if we have had a positive test reading. I was never prescibed such and I am getting a letter stating that she felt that I have an allergic reaction to the syrum and not a positive test. I don't want to get sent home.

Let me know if you guys know agency policies or anyone that i could contact about this. My investigator knows nothing and EHS was no help either.
    "I'm not racist or prejudice I hate everyone equally."

Classic Building #2 Q&A

This has Building 2 written all over it. You described it great...call your BI, start with him. If he cannot answer it, after what you just told us, ask him who you can contact. He may refer you to the Dept. Civil Service Health & Human Services. (The dept. that tested you for your physical.) This is the route to go!! But contact your BI...1ST!!! Good Luck!!
    Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

Bi knows nothing said...........man I would love to help you out but i just do investigations and have no clue. Gave me the number to employee health services where we did our physical lady directed me back to corrections no answers anywhere.

Also I heard that a lot of guys start testing positive for exposure to TB at some time in their career while working in corrections. Is this true.

Comment

Welp...haven't heard if that is true. May be a rumor. As for your problem...on Day 2 in Academy they start you on the TB testing. You have a whole 2-3 hour class, in which the nurses go over HIPAA, and all the other medical junk. In the meantime...there are 2 nurses in back doing TB testing. Bring any and all information, including the false positive reports from any past doctors and testing stations. Bring them to this class, show them that you are on top of this, and they will probably be able to help you out.

One Q: Did you call the DOCS dept. at Building #2??
        Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

Spoke to an officer in building 2. Said just bring down the paperwork that I have and it will be fine. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Glad to help out! Good Luck!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4958 users online. 260 members and 4698 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X