300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depressed

Hey, feeling a bit depressed at the moment, just thought I would post thought it might help if I put it down in writing.

I have been a Correctional Officer for 27 years now and am currently assigned to the hardest unit in the centre I work at due to my experience, but I am going on 51 years old now and in the last week we have had two cert is our unit where crims have been trying to stab each other or us.

Anyway after punching on with a few the other night and rolling around on the floor , I stood up and said to myself "**** I am getting to old for this" surely a young mans job now , hell I have done my apprenticeship .

Releasing this I have applied to go into a department which deals with Parole orders etc: only to be told that I am to old and that they are only looking at University grad who can give them years of service.

I got angry with the lot of them and a bit hateful to tell the truth, don't they owe me something or am I to be put to pasture because I am not useful anymore , well having said that they still keep me where I am to do the hard yards.

Sorry guys and girls just a bit dissolutions and depressed hope you don't mind me airing my woe's abit.
    www.theguardiansforum.com

Easy old guy, don't get your depends in a bunch! Why would you want to start a new job and lose all of your seniority anyways? F%$& that! Work yourself into an easier position at your facility and enjoy those last few years of your service. We all appreciate the veteran officers that have brought us up. I have almost 10 years on now and wouldn't have made it if it wasn't for veteran leaders like you. Let the younger guys brawl with the inmates and "get some" when you are up to it. Drink a few pints and slip a shrimp on the barbie for me.
    Noise Check!

Vic Mackey was my Training Officer

Comment

Why not put in for a slot at the Academy or a Supervisor position? Someone with your experience would be great at helping out the troops or teaching new boots.
      If nothing else there may be some slots working in a more "administrative" area.
      Ever feel like you live in the state of confusion?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5258 users online. 291 members and 4967 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X