300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depressed

Hey, feeling a bit depressed at the moment, just thought I would post thought it might help if I put it down in writing.

I have been a Correctional Officer for 27 years now and am currently assigned to the hardest unit in the centre I work at due to my experience, but I am going on 51 years old now and in the last week we have had two cert is our unit where crims have been trying to stab each other or us.

Anyway after punching on with a few the other night and rolling around on the floor , I stood up and said to myself "**** I am getting to old for this" surely a young mans job now , hell I have done my apprenticeship .

Releasing this I have applied to go into a department which deals with Parole orders etc: only to be told that I am to old and that they are only looking at University grad who can give them years of service.

I got angry with the lot of them and a bit hatefull to tell the truth, don't they owe me something or am I to be put to pasture because I am not useful anymore , well having said that they still keep me where I am to do the hard yards.

Sorry guys and girls just a bit dissolutions and depressed hope you don't mind me airing my woe's abit.
    www.theguardiansforum.com

If it makes you feel any better sounds like a $hitty deal to me too.
    Be sure you're right, then go ahead
    Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
    If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

With as much time and experience as you have it does sound like you're getting the short end of the stick. Hopefully you can retire soon. If that's what you want. You're not old either. 51 is still young. Try to apply to a sheriff's dept. and work the county jails, teach or whatever makes you happy. Good luck and stay safe!
      "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

I would say, as soon as your eligible to retire with a full pension, go for it. Then go do something else for awhile. A change of scenery is sometimes a good thing. Other than that, I find that the occasional personal day when I have the blues helps out a bit, or vacation, (holiday in your verbage I think).

Comment

Originally posted by oldtimer View Post
          Hey, feeling a bit depressed at the moment, just thought I would post thought it might help if I put it down in writing.

I have been a Correctional Officer for 27 years now and am currently assigned to the hardest unit in the centre I work at due to my experience, but I am going on 51 years old now and in the last week we have had two cert is our unit where crims have been trying to stab each other or us.

Anyway after punching on with a few the other night and rolling around on the floor , I stood up and said to myself "**** I am getting to old for this" surely a young mans job now , hell I have done my apprenticeship .

Releasing this I have applied to go into a department which deals with Parole orders etc: only to be told that I am to old and that they are only looking at University grad who can give them years of service.

I got angry with the lot of them and a bit hatefull to tell the truth, don't they owe me something or am I to be put to pasture because I am not useful anymore , well having said that they still keep me where I am to do the hard yards.

Sorry guys and girls just a bit dissolutions and depressed hope you don't mind me airing my woe's abit.
          Apply for unit management or something away from custody if you want to stay in Corrections, other then that, if you want to retire, go out with a bang and tell them why your retiring. If they truly value your experience and work ethic they will work with you, if not then they don't deserve you and you can move on to bigger and better things. Good luck brother, and god bless.
          "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight"

- General George Patton Jr

Comment

well sir I must commend you for your years of service, it's a shame that some can't see that experience out weighs a degree in alot of ways.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6159 users online. 341 members and 5818 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X