300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My BI...

I thought would help me throughout the process of investigation. I only had to send her the remaining documents and she would have put me through. Come to find out she no longer works at the AIU in NYC and I have been assigned to an investigator that hasn't even called to notify that she's my new BI. Not to mention my old one didn't call to notify me that she was leaving and my case would be transferred. To top it off the supervising investigator halfway reamed me out for sending the documents my previous investigator told me to send. Was I supposed to do some of the contacting? um...what am I missing here?
    Last edited by CO Heck; 05-02-2007, 05:54 PM. Reason: grammar

Originally posted by CO Heck View Post
    I thought would help me throughout the process of investigation. I only had to send her the remaining documents and she would have put me through. Come to find out she no longer works at the AIU in NYC and I have been assigned to an investigator that hasn't even called to notify that she's my new BI. Not to mention my old one didn't call to notify me that she was leaving and my case would be transferred. To top it off the supervising investigator halfway reamed me out for sending the documents my previous investigator told me to send. Was I supposed to do some of the contacting? um...what am I missing here?
    um...what am I missing here?
    What your missing is the obvious. NYC DOC is giving you a taste at how ****ed up and unorganzied they are.

Read the writing on the wall..........

PS: if I didnt scare you away just keep calling and they will eventually figure out what to do.

Comment

Aiu

For the most part AIU takes care of business, But I have been on some goose chases for these guys. I was all set to go for the 4-12-07 class. I just needed to submit an updated DMV abstract and PVB print out and Im in. And my investigator forgot to mention he was on Vacation all of April. So I sent it in 4-1-2007 and just heard from him 5-1-2007. so much for the April class. and guess what the kicker is nobody knows when the next class is..

Anyway good luck..

Comment

Should I just go get the DMV abstract now? Or should I wait until right before the interview wiht the BI? I am going to start the processing sometime im July/August (takingthe may test). Will I need to get a DMV report and PVB report even if I don't have any ticket records with them?

Comment

wait

Get the Abstract about a week before you hand in your packet, don't push it to close. But if you were to get it now and you have a August interview with your investigator he will ask you for a new one. And thats 10 bucks and your time wasted. and Yes even if you have no tickets and no accidents you need them. and with the PVB you need an official copy, not just a print out showing you have no outstanding tickets. (learned that the hard way) downtown on Fulton street window 4 they will give you the letter on city letterhead with the City seal on it) that is what they need.
          Last edited by carlgotti; 05-02-2007, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Carl, thanks for the info. Does DOC use the same psych doctors as NYPD or do they have thier own group? I heard DOC sends you to Manhattan for that stuff. Is that correct?

Comment

DOC has their own docs

Doc works out of AIU office, the head Dr. In charge is Safran he is cool and quick. The Oral and written is the same as NYPD Im also am In their process as well. Im ready for either PD or DOC to call. But instead of Lefrack you goto Battery place thats the only difference. Written is same, and oral is the same crap too.

Comment

i know when the next class is...the Super BI told me in 16 weeks which means around Labor day. My former BI told me there would be one in June. I can't really go on anyone's word as I believe it's up to the commish and friends to hold a class. In any event, I'm not as upset about my BI not calling me as I am about the weakness of a system that is supposed to be very scrutinous. Then again, should I even be surprised? When I had to get cleared for my medical, the doctor broke his arm and I got delayed 2 months until they could find a replacement. This is unreal. I'd bet whenever I get in there'll be a whole other type of quagmire to endure (besides the IM's). NYC DOC vet's and rookie please chime in...

Comment

Hows are those of you in the academy doing with it?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5752 users online. 320 members and 5432 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X