Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a state polygraph reflect on federal background check?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NorCalAspirant
    replied
    Not sure what state you live in, but trying pot 5 times is not a big deal despite what the older cops may think. Agencies across the nation are having trouble hiring. Assuming you are honest and have no other disqualifying factors, you should be hired by the state agency.

Leave a comment:

• in625shooter
    replied
    Actually if you have any contacts at the other agency that the BGI comes into contact you might be git.

Also you are hit in the time was in the last year and usually (usually and someone might no that one case where someone is related to someone and it slid by) usually there is a 3 year window in BOP from any drug usage/DUI etc issues.

And you didn't ask but some advice from an old head. Don't tell everyone your plan where it sounds like your basically settling for BOP if agency A falls through. VOP is full of people that thought they wouldn't be here long and are, others like myself have migrated to BOP after municipal LE hobs because the money and retirement is much better than. Most municipal agencies (states and areas vary)

I've also seen some folks that couldn't make it through the BOP hiring process but got picked up by the State Police it etc So if it's something you want throw a dart. But be careful what you ask for you might get it!

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    BOP will hire you on an instant. They don’t have many standards.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by dox1842 View Post
    The agency that polygraphs you isn't legally allowed to share the results of the polygraph.
    That is not correct.

The applicant will sign waivers that will release any confidential information collected by other agencies

Leave a comment:

• dox1842
    replied
    The agency that polygraphs you isn't legally allowed to share the results of the polygraph.

Leave a comment:

• Will a state polygraph reflect on federal background check?

23 years old planning on applying for state trooper and what worry’s me is around a year ago I tried pot about 5 times. I know on the polygraph their going to ask me about drug use. Of course I’m planning on telling the truth but I’m worried that I not get the trooper job and apply for federal prison and that show up on background and ruin federal prison job? Thoughts? Should I just stay away from the polygraph and go straight to federal or should I try the trooper state job and tell the truth and hope for the best?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6682 users online. 249 members and 6433 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X