300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm In

Got the call yesterday at about 10:30 am. Headed to Albany May 27th for Academy. Can't wait.
    "I'm not racist or prejudice I hate everyone equally."

see you there on the 27th buddy !

Comment

Congrats gentlemen!! Way to go!! Go over these forums and you will see what you really need to take, and what you do not need!!
      Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

congrats, you will love it....

Comment

Is it me..or NYS DOCS knows how to party on this message board???
          If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

Academy May 27th

anyone care to explain what you really need when you go down there ? i know what it says on the list , but is there stuff on there that you really won't even need ? i know you will need an iron and spray starch for week one . other than the pt gear , boots , hygene stuff , socks (black one's and white one's ) pens , shoe polish , hangers , cloth bag , cotton balls.

if i left anything out would you please fill me in , or if i mentioned something i won't need please let me know.

thanks a bunch guys .

any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

hmmmm

Congratulations

Comment

I'm in

Originally posted by underthefloat View Post
                Got the call yesterday at about 10:30 am. Headed to Albany May 27th for Academy. Can't wait.
                you'll like this job, so riot baton, handcuffs, pepper spray wiill be your duty equipment

Comment

Originally posted by heikki View Post
                  you'll like this job, so riot baton, handcuffs, pepper spray wiill be your duty equipment
                  we carry that stuff in New York????
                  If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

Not Fair!!

I knew us hacks at Five Points were being cheated!!! Where is my RIOT BATON!! I want my PEPPER SPRAY!! And while we are at it...I want Stingball Grenades with a fully-accessorized launcher!!! None of this gas gun with launching cup crap-ola!! Now that would make it a fun day in the Tower!!! YEAH!!! Who-HOOO

How come the rest of New York State is outfitted with these cool toys, and Central NY gets pooch-screwed!!
                    Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

If you would like to know what to bring and what not to bring to the academy, just look under the messages from the post "heading to NYS Corrections Academy" or look up any of the NYS COs posts on here, you will find loads of info. We are all willing to help because we were all there at one time and know exactly how it is. Good Luck! Any questions,dont be afraid to ask.

Comment

Here is a killer tip. Go buy toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, soap, shaving cream, deodorant.....BUT ALL IN TRAVEL SIZED VERSIONS!!! Use these up in the next 3 weeks, but do not throw them out!!! You will take them to the Academy, and use them as part of your display!!! The trick is to have a bathroom bag full of the stuff you really need....and then these empty versions to display. You set your display up on Sunday night, you take them down Friday morning. This way you never touch your display, it never has anything missing, and you are never gigged for a bad room! THIS IS A BIG TRICK...MANY GUYS DO IT!!

Also, bring 2 black Magic-Markers!! You will be putting your last name on the back of all your white PT shirts, along with your class # on the front left probably the night after Day 1. The marker's they have there are crap...you would be doing yourself a great deed!!

NYSCO's.....especially those that just graduated....what else am I missing from the display?? I feel like I am leaving something out!! Let's help these guys out!!
                        Last edited by Hack4NYS; 05-03-2007, 09:07 PM. Reason: Emphasis

Comment

thanks man , much appreciated

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4320 users online. 267 members and 4053 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X