300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding ring?

Who of you wear wedding rings while on the job? Have you ever felt like *not* wearing one for security reasons?

Originally posted by ThursCo View Post
    Who of you wear wedding rings while on the job? Have you ever felt like *not* wearing one for security reasons?
    I didn't wear one. I didn't need inmates knowing any more than they needed to.

Comment

I don't wear mine. They don't need to know I'm married. Also it can get hung up on things. I saw a guy in the Army almost lose his finger when his got caught on a truck when he was jumping off of it.

Comment

I used to not wear it but in the end, if I kept putting it on on my days off or after my shift the indent would always be there ....so I don't care anymore, I wear it. I'll lie to the inmates anyways..I tell em I wear it to get chicks or because I like rings or whatever. I never answer personal questions truthfully anyways.
        Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

I really don't give a $#!t if they know or not. They won't make me change my ways. If any of them messed with my family, they would die a lead poisoning.
          Noise Check!

Vic Mackey was my Training Officer

Comment

Ditto PRIME Evil's answer. Could not have said it any better.

Comment

Same here! I don't care if they see my ring or not. I don't answer questions about me or my family.
              "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

It wouldn't matter since my wife and I both work for the same department. Word gets around. Most won't mess with her since they don't want to be on my BAD side!

I don't wear mine for other reasons. I still work around electricity and it an old habit. It does get worn on formal occasions.

Comment

Wear mine. But don't conversate with inmates about anything not incaceration related....
                  Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

If you usually wear your ring, then you will have a tan line around your finger. The inmates will notice this (they have nothing else to do but notice little things like that), so they will know your married anyway. Other than that, there's not a whole lot of safety hazards related to wedding rings in corrections.

Comment

I absolutley love when the inmates ask me if i'm from Buffalo (even though i'm not) I play the part pretty good though..big round guy spittin' tobacco into a cup all evening..I never tell inmates anything about me or my personal life.
                      If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

Originally posted by ThursCo View Post
                        I wore mine when I was married. The inmates will find out about you if they want to, regardless of you wearing it or not. They have more connections then the CIA. Don't be fooled, they know more about you right now then you think they do.
                        "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight"

- General George Patton Jr

Comment

I wear mine and never have any issues with it. I look at it like this, I am married and out of loyalty and respect for my wife, why shouldn't I wear it? If an inmate ever says "You married C/O?" I just say "Yup" and show them my ring finger and that's the end of the discussion. If they want to know anything else I just say, "It's not professional for me to speak about anything personal here." Then 99.9% of the time they say are cool with that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5174 users online. 316 members and 4858 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X