300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grade levels of BOP

How long does each grade level take and what is the highest grade level without going to a supervisory position?

I'd you hire in as a 5 step 1 at your year mark you go 6 step 2 and at the end of your second year you go 7 step 3. Then step 4 after a year and you get step 5,6 and 7 at 2 year intervals then 8,9 and 10 at 3 year intervala. You can get a Quality astep increase (QSI) for an outstanding eva

GS 8 is as high as you can go as an Officer and be non supervisory however you ha e to compete for your 8
    To even out in for your 8 you have to have your 7 for 52 weeks minimum.

That's the short answer
    ​​​

Comment

Assuming you are coming in as a correctional officer, what he said ^^^

There are quite a few paths (case managers jump grades 5/7/9/11) and different pay scales (Wage system for most of facilities) within the BOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Big guy View Post
        How long does each grade level take and what is the highest grade level without going to a supervisory position?
        For a BOP CO it is essentially non-competitive to GL 7 (annual promotions). Promotion to GL 8 is competitive.
        “Right now I'm having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.” - Steven Wright

US Army MP (95B) 1992-1997
        DOJ Agent/ DHS Officer 1997 to Present

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8280 users online. 366 members and 7914 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X