300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHat an idiot.

Read this article, I couldn't finish it I got so mad. Yes I know it's from 2003 but that's besides the point. She is still wrong, even then.

http://jillstewart.net/php/issues/issue0123.php

Here is my email I sent to this woman.

================================================== ========
    I am emailing you in regards to an article you wrote and posted on Jan 23, 2003. I feel that you are in the wrong here, and have stooped to a new low. You know that only children name call and immature adults name call right?
    Also, in order to intelligently debate or even discuss the California Prison system or it's staffing one would actually have to know what they are talking about, and you obviously do not.
    Have you ever worked inside a prison? I thought so. So how can you honestly sit there and say these people do not deserve the pay they are getting? You are doing nothing in this article but feeding into the public eye what YOU want them to believe. I read your article and laughed about it, there are so many things that you have no clue about it's unreal.
    You point out that they cannot control the Mexican Mafia and the drug problems in the prison system. Well let me tell you something honey, it's not a California problem, that's nationwide. And there is nothing you can do to stop it, they will always find a way to get drugs inside of prisons. Did you honestly believe "Like most of the public" that criminals stop criminal behavior after they are incarcerated? Well, they do not, trust me.
    I have been in corrections for a long time, I have worked both Maximum security and High Medium, both with the State and Federal Government, I think I might know a little bit about your blasphemy.

Riddle me this, this is one of your statements you made in that column.

"More of our ex-cons go back to prison than in any other state."

Can you give me proof per-ca pita state by state how you can honestly say "MORE"? Or is it simply that California has MORE Criminals and that leads you to believe that what you stated is true? Believe it or not, in every state, about 60% of the inmates are repeat offenders and will return to prison at some point in there life.
    You are nothing more then a liberal who has issues with the Government in your state, and are using the Correctional Officers to try and make your point. Let me explain, you said:

" Prison officials cut off the tracking data on the parolees after two years in order to make California's ex-cons look as if they're not returning to prison. One California corrections expert, afraid to give his name, explains the Criminal Justice Institute report: "Even with only two years of tracking, 58-62 percent of California parolees are back in prison while most states with three to five years of tracking have 10 to 20 percent of parolees back in prison. No body's a disaster like California."

And why is this so?

Largely because we have among the most troubling prison guard organizations in the nation, throwbacks who use methods of prisoner control and punishment so backward that a Del Norte Superior Court Judge found it unconstitutional."

Now this is funny stuff here, you really do have a sense of humor. How in the hell can you blame the Correctional Officers for the damn inmates returning to prison? Are criminals not supposed to be held accountable for there actions? According to you, apparently not. I am not talking about tracking them like you are of course, but why should you track them? Who cares? Once they are out "Unless they are a sex offender" they are free to do whatever, who cares where they are? And it is not the CO's responsibility to follow them around on the street and make sure they stay out of trouble, maybe you have that much time, but we don't, we actually have careers.

"So you don't give a flying fig about how we treat prisoners? Fine. But don't believe for a moment that we law-abiding citizens have escaped the suffering caused by our fossilized California prison guards."

Here we go again, it's not the Criminals fault that they don't want to behave and not kill each other while incarcerated, it's the CO's fault. Do you even know why they have lockdowns? To prevent major disturbances such as riots, murders, etc. It's not done just because, and some Bench warming judge cannot and is not qualified to make a decision on whether it is wrong or not. Put that judges butt in there with 1500 violent offenders and let him work that prison and have them running around killing each other and possibly killing him, My money says he would lock them down also until the situation is quelled. So you and the judge are not qualified to make any decision regarding how a prison should be run.

"The 122,000 parolees who roam the streets in Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose and other communities each year commit crimes upon the rest of us at a rate higher than ex-cons almost anywhere. That's one big reason why our prisoners go right back inside."

Again, where do you get your information regarding statistics on Cali Inmates compared to inmates nationwide? Because I am sure they are wrong, every state has issues with repeat offenders. And they only re-enter confinement because of liberals like yourself who would rather lock violent offenders away for life then use capital punishment. If your having such an issue with them maybe you should lobby for a more liberal death penalty and start executing 3 time losers with an appeals process, yes?
    I am not even going to finish reading your article, what's the point, the point you made is this:
    1) Correctional Officers are bad.
    2) Criminals are good, especially after incarcerated, and never continue criminal activity that might warrant a lockdown to prevent the loss of life and limb to staff members.
    3) Lockdowns are unnecessary because criminals are not dangerous and would never hurt anyone after incarceration.
    4) You apparently would rather use your article to trash the Cali prison system instead of going after the root of what really bothers you, the politics in California.
    You have no right to judge the Correctional Officers Union, none what so ever. And besides, it's none of your business anyways, why should you even care? All you should be caring about is that those brave men and woman show up everyday to do a thankless job, a hard job, that noone else wants to do. They are paid accordingly, because NOONE else wants to do that job, not you, not the judge, noone. They do it, and should be paid even more for doing it.
    Now step down off that soap box and join the rest of us in reality.
    ================================================== =======
    Last edited by grunt11b; 04-25-2007, 10:38 AM.
    "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight"

- General George Patton Jr

Brothers and sister, read the whole article that this woman wrote, you'll see where I am coming from with this.

Comment

Just another reason for me to hate these activist liberals. Honestly, people like that pretend to be intelligent, but they have absolutely no common sense. It should be a CRIME to make articles like she writes...

Comment

Let us know if she returns your email. You can't win by arguing with a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by ksbrewer View Post
          Let us know if she returns your email. You can't win by arguing with a liberal.

Biography

Award-winning journalist Jill Stewart is a print, radio and TV political commentator. She launched “Capitol Punishment,” in January 2003 following a successful six-year stint with New Times Los Angeles where her talked-about weekly columns examined the power elite of California. In January of 2005 she joined KCAL 9 television in Los Angeles as a political analyst.

Yet another "writer" telling us all about the real world and how it's supposed to work.

I say let our liberal Pollyanna take a few thugs home for the weekend and then come back on Monday and let us all know how it went .

Comment

It's "HUG A THUG" day!
            New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

I don't think she will email me back, she lacks the firepower to prove her point with me. It's a little different to spew your ignorance to people who don't know any better then to try and spew it to someone who knows more then you do about the subject. Liberals suck. One day they will be the downfall of America, and I think THAT might begin in 2008.

Comment

There should be a law allowing people with common sense to stomp the guts out of someone who has none. Especially if that someone is undermining what's in the best interest of society.
                You wanna see something that's even more disturbing? Check this **** out.
                God forbid they explain why these acts happened, god forbid they tell the public that these CRIMINALS just speared a CO who was bringing them there chow and an extraction team had to be organized because the inmate refused to cuff up. God forbid they explain to the public that we actually house CRIMINALS and not good honest hard working citizens. God forbid that the public know that everyday Correctional Officers are assaulted, god forbid that the public know that these inmates rioted before they where pepper sprayed and because there where 50+ inmates involved not every inmate could be decontaminated in time for the spray to cause serious burns.
                God bless Joe Arpiao, that's all I have to say. I might leave the Feds just to go work for that man, he is one of a kind. Vote Arpiao for president!!
                Here is the video I am talking about.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWxpQ87C4t4

Comment

I watched the video. And actually, I have seen this one before when it was featured on television.

In my opinion, there is no excuse for the conduct of some of those Officers. No matter what precluded the events shown on video, the inmates in those images were not combative at the time that they were being struck, bitten (or nipped at) by canine units and otherwise mistreated.

Either you are a Correctional Professional, or you are an inmate (thug) wearing the uniform of one. If an inmate strikes an Officer, that Officer has the right and the duty to respond in kind with that amount of force necessary to control the aggressors actions.

What I see in that video was criminal. And I'm no hug a thug, and certainly no liberal.

Comment

One day you should try and step over to our side of the line. You might find true friends there.

Comment

Force isn't about what someone has done, it's about what they are doing. I haven't seen all of the video, but it looks like a few isolate criminal attacks combined with justified uses of force and prisoner's lies. Some is definately criminal though.

Comment

Originally posted by grunt11b View Post
                        One day you should try and step over to our side of the line. You might find true friends there.
                        Hope that wasn't meant for me.

I've been on the job long enough to know where "the line" is, and who's on what side of it.
                        Last edited by fsquared; 04-26-2007, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fsquared View Post
                          Hope that wasn't meant for me.

I've been on the job long enough to know where "the line" is, and who's on what side of it.
                          Apparently.

Comment

Wow. Another idiot liberal writer who has absolutely no concept of what criminals are about. That's right, it's not their fault they're criminals, it's our fault. Society hasn't given them enough chances. We haven't "rehabilitated" them enough while they're incarcerated. Cradle to grave mentality at its finest...

She should work in a jail or prison for week. Put her in a seg or detention unit and let her see what people with nothing to lose act like. Let her see what utterly useless, dangerous and violent people we have to control on a daily basis.
                            "Damn, Officer, you're strict as hell. Were you in da' Marines or something?"
                            "No, parochial school"

Comment

She should work in a jail or prison for week. Put her in a seg or detention unit and let her see what people with nothing to lose act like. Let her see what utterly useless, dangerous and violent people we have to control on a daily basis.
                              She would never do it, it's an unwritten rule in Liberal la la land that anything that might be a wake up call or bring you back to reality is strictly forbidden.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5211 users online. 289 members and 4922 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X