300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correctional Prayers and what not.

I am looking for an article about correctional officers. This particular article would talk about how the streets we patrol are full of criminals and we are unarmed, etc etc etc. Maybe some of you have run across this at one point or another. I can't seem to locate it anywhere online. But if I should happen to come across it I will post it.
    "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight"

- General George Patton Jr

Is this what your looking for???

What would the average citizen say if it were proposed that police officer be ***igned to a neighborhood which was inhabited by no one but criminals and those officers would be unarmed, patrol on foot and be heavily outnumbered? I wager that the overwhelming public response would be that the officers would have to be crazy to accept such an ***ignment. However, as you read this, such a scenario is being played out in all areas of the country.

I am a New York State correction officer, not a guard, who is a person that catches school crossings. I work in a maximum security correctional facility. I am empowered by the State of New York to enforce its penal laws and the rules and regulations of the Department of Correctional Services. In short, I am a policeman. my beat is totally inhabited by convicted felons, who, by definition, are people who tend to break laws, rules and regulations. I am outnumbered by as much as 20, 30 and even 40 to 1 at various times during my workday, and contrary to popular belief, I work without a sidearm. in short, my neck is on the line every minute of every day.

A correctional facility is a very misunderstood environment. The average person has little knowledge of its workings. Society sends its criminals to correctional facilities and as time p***es, each criminal's crime fades from our memory until the collective prison population becomes a vision of hordes of bad people being warehoused away from decent society in a place where they can cause no further harm. There is also the notion that prison inmates cease to be a problem when they are incarcerated.

Correctional facilities are full of violence perpetrated by the prison population against each other and the facility staff. Felonies are committed daily but they are called "unusual incidents" are rarely results in public prosecution. Discipline is handled internally and, as a rule, the public is never informed of these crimes. In the course of maintaining order in these facilities, many officers have endured the humiliation of being spit upon and having urine and feces thrown at them. Uncounted correction officers have been punched and kicked, bitten, stabbed and slashed with homemade weapons, taken hostage and even murdered in the line of duty, all the while being legally mandated to maintain their professional composure and refraining from any retaliation which could be the basis for dismissal from service.

In addition to these obvious dangers, corrections officers face hidden dangers in the form of AIDS, tuberculosis, hepatitis B and hepatitis C. Courts are now imposing longer sentences and the prison population is increasing far beyond the system's designed capacity. As the Public demands more police on the street, governments everywhere are cuffing police in prisons where violence reigns supreme, jeopardizing all those still working behind prison walls.

Although you will never see me on "RESCUE 911" or "TOP COPS" I am a law enforcement professional. I am THE FORGOTTEN COP, hidden from public view, doing dangerous thankless duty on the world's most dangerous beat, hoping someday to received the respect of and approval from the public whom I silently serve.

Comment

Right on dude, thanks!
      "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight"

- General George Patton Jr

Comment

First one

If this attachment doesn't show PM me for a copy.
        Attached Files

Comment

Second...Unknown Author

Dear Mr. And Mrs. Public

Before I tell you who I am,
          please allow me to tell you something about myself.

I am a person with a job not many would do,
          yet I'm a person just like you.

My work brings me to the most dangerous neighborhood in town,
          Full of people who would make you frown.

They are Drug Dealers, Killers, Rapists and Thieves,
          Some are Junkies with a deadly disease.

Please don't get scared, continue to read,
          I face these fears daily for my public needs.

I don't want your pity just your respect,
          Along with some understanding of the thoughts I collect.

My jobs not always safe, I have scars to prove it.
          But like everything else someones got to do it.

Some days I am called to the scene of a fire,
          It's part of the job for which I was hired.

Some days I am called to tend to a victim,
          Of whom someone stabbed or beat by kicking him.

Some days I am called to perform C.P.R.,
          I know the victim hopes I'm not to far.

Some days I am called to cut down a person,
          Of whom life for them was not to certain.

Some days I am called asked just to listen,
          To a lonely young man whose life he is missing.

I'm constantly put down for the job that I do,
          But if I didn't do it, I wonder would you?

As you can see I am a person with many skills,
          Just working hard to pay my bills.

So now if I may introduce myself to you,
          I am a Correction Officer not a hack or a screw.

So if you should see me on the street,
          A nod or a smile would sure be a treat.

You may not understand the job that I do,
          But rest assured I do it for you.

Written on behalf of
          Correction Officers
          Everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidc View Post
            Is this what your looking for???

What would the average citizen say if it were proposed that police officer be ***igned to a neighborhood which was inhabited by no one but criminals and those officers would be unarmed, patrol on foot and be heavily outnumbered? I wager that the overwhelming public response would be that the officers would have to be crazy to accept such an ***ignment. However, as you read this, such a scenario is being played out in all areas of the country.

I am a New York State correction officer, not a guard, who is a person that catches school crossings. I work in a maximum security correctional facility. I am empowered by the State of New York to enforce its penal laws and the rules and regulations of the Department of Correctional Services. In short, I am a policeman. my beat is totally inhabited by convicted felons, who, by definition, are people who tend to break laws, rules and regulations. I am outnumbered by as much as 20, 30 and even 40 to 1 at various times during my workday, and contrary to popular belief, I work without a sidearm. in short, my neck is on the line every minute of every day.

A correctional facility is a very misunderstood environment. The average person has little knowledge of its workings. Society sends its criminals to correctional facilities and as time p***es, each criminal's crime fades from our memory until the collective prison population becomes a vision of hordes of bad people being warehoused away from decent society in a place where they can cause no further harm. There is also the notion that prison inmates cease to be a problem when they are incarcerated.

Correctional facilities are full of violence perpetrated by the prison population against each other and the facility staff. Felonies are committed daily but they are called "unusual incidents" are rarely results in public prosecution. Discipline is handled internally and, as a rule, the public is never informed of these crimes. In the course of maintaining order in these facilities, many officers have endured the humiliation of being spit upon and having urine and feces thrown at them. Uncounted correction officers have been punched and kicked, bitten, stabbed and slashed with homemade weapons, taken hostage and even murdered in the line of duty, all the while being legally mandated to maintain their professional composure and refraining from any retaliation which could be the basis for dismissal from service.

In addition to these obvious dangers, corrections officers face hidden dangers in the form of AIDS, tuberculosis, hepatitis B and hepatitis C. Courts are now imposing longer sentences and the prison population is increasing far beyond the system's designed capacity. As the Public demands more police on the street, governments everywhere are cuffing police in prisons where violence reigns supreme, jeopardizing all those still working behind prison walls.

Although you will never see me on "RESCUE 911" or "TOP COPS" I am a law enforcement professional. I am THE FORGOTTEN COP, hidden from public view, doing dangerous thankless duty on the world's most dangerous beat, hoping someday to received the respect of and approval from the public whom I silently serve.

TITLE IS FORGOTTEN COP

Comment

Judgement day for a Correction Officer

The Correctional Officer stood and faced his God, which must always come to pass. He hoped his shoes were shining, just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now, Correctional Officer. How shall I deal with you? Have you always turned the other check? To my church have you been true?"

The Correctional Officer squared his shoulders and said, "No, Lord I guess I ain't, because those of us who carry badges can't always be a Saint.

I've had to work most Sundays, and at times my work was rough, and sometimes I've been violent. Inside the fences are awful tough.

But I never took a penny, that wasn't mine to keep, I worked a lot of overtime, when the bills just got too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help, though at times I shook with fear, and sometimes, God forgive me, I wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place among the people here. They never wanted me around except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord, it needn't be so grand. I never expected or had too much, but if you don't I'll understand."

There was silence all around the Throne, where the Saints often trod. As the Correctional Officer waited quietly for the judgment of his God.

"Step forward now, Correctional Officer, you've borne your burdens well. Come walk a beat on Heaven's streets, you've done your time in Hell."

Unknown Author - Contributed by an Officer

Comment

I have abunch saved at home. i just did a google search for correctional officer prayers. There are alot of them.

Comment

http://www.genevaonline.com/~n9yle/bbp07.html check this out. Its the bad boy page. Good stuff. hope it helps.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3632 users online. 229 members and 3403 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X