300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am just venting

I am just venting to people that can fully understand. I am so tired of COs that think it is proper to conversate with I/Ms. They tell you all the stories during training. Every supervisor tells you not to do it. Yet every night I work there are at least 5 people carrying on conversations with I/Ms. What the heck do you need to say to an I/M that takes hours to tell? It is not just female COs, but it is the majority. I know this will sound racist, but please believe me it is not meant to be, as I am not racist, but a majority of the I/Ms are black men here in Texas at least South Texas. Most of the COs on my shift are young black females. This is a dangerous combo if you ask me. These I/Ms compete for the attention of the the young COs. What is even worse is a lot are in for sex crimes. Do these COs not understand they are helping these I/Ms perfect their craft. I mean really, they get to try out new lines and forms of malipulation before they get out on a nightly basis. Maybe the COs do not care. I just feel it puts me and everyone else in harms way. there have been COs walked off since I joined, most were females, all but one I believe. All came from improper conduct with I/Ms. I am lucky that my unit is not as short staffed as others. So overtime is not a big issue. The trade off is that we have many COs with very little work experience at all. Heck a few of them this is their first job. I see things like the riot in Indiana and it freaks me out. If one of these COs breaks the heart of an I/M what happens next? I know I am not the only one here that feels this way, but I just had to vent a little.
    "Hostages will not be recognized as a means or method of escape from this institution."

I hear ya brother!

Also scary is seeing some 19 year old who is doing this as their first job sitting in the tower giving me gun coverage on the big yard.

Also, just today I saw this crotchity old "guard" and an old con sitting side by side at a spider table in the day room just hanging out. Funny thing is just recently I had to watch a ACA training video that had the same thing in it as an example of what not to do.

Comment

Sometimes I'll stay in a section for a little while talking to the Inmates trying to "get to know them better". Its needed to build a rupor (sp?) with them.

What I have seen that bothers the hell out of me is officers that shake inmates hands, and officers that break change for the work release inmates. I would never ever exchange money with inmates, it just looks really bad.

They are inmates, not friends.

Comment

I don't have much to say to inmates and even less to "friendly" officers.

If I am not giving an order or answering a direct question then I have nothing to say to them at all.
        the only true rehabilitation starts with a needle............

Comment

in the feds they encourage you to carry on conversations with inmates nothing unusual to see a officer or any staff member talking to inmates and i have seen wardens ,associate wardens ,captains shake hands with inmates it makes me sick if it was not for the money and the fact i got 4 years in with the feds i would have left along time ago.

Comment

hmmmm

When I first started working with the BOP I would regularly see staff shake hands with I/Ms. I thought to myself WTF??? In my old state job that would get you fired. But I do make it a point to talk with I/Ms but not to talk for conversation but to get info from them. Know your I/Ms. Know their personalities. Walk and talk on the tiers. It will help you tell if some thing is about to jump off in population. But I understand what the original poster was talking about and for the most part I agree. A lot of these women do it for the attention and some of them will get caught up with a I/M and put your life at risk by doing so. When I worked in state we had a female officer insert a 9mm hand gun up her "private parts" and smuggle it into a death row I/M. Luck had it another DR I/M thought this I/M was going to try to shoot his way out and kill him in the process so he dropped a dime on the I/M to save his own *** and we got the gun before he was able to put his plan in motion. Watch the I/Ms but watch the staff as well. Watch the new female officers that come into the job plain jane and then a little while after that they start wearing make up and perfume to work. These females are dirty and they have got to go. Also watch the "sweet" male safe as well for this crap. Write a note to internal affairs and get them watched for your safety and all of your good fellow staff as well.

Comment

That's something that drives me nuts too. We aren't here to be their friends. I think it's a good thing to speak with an inmate that just needs you to lend them an ear when they have a problem, but other than that a simple Hello, How are ya, or Yes and No is enough ... there should be nothing else to speak about.

Comment

[QUOTE=robeans;863343]I hear ya brother!

Also scary is seeing some 19 year old who is doing this as their first job sitting in the tower giving me gun coverage on the big yard.
                QUOTE]

Hey, just because we're 19 doesn't mean we can't shoot...usually...

In the tiny jail facility I work in, we sometimes talk with the work release inmates when they talk to us, mainly just the trustees. But other from that I keep my lips sealed around inmates.

Don't want that suspected murderer knowing about my personal life eh?

Comment

[QUOTE=Rivalfire;863598]
                  Originally posted by robeans View Post
                  I hear ya brother!

QUOTE]

Hey, just because we're 19 doesn't mean we can't shoot...usually...

In the tiny jail facility I work in, we sometimes talk with the work release inmates when they talk to us, mainly just the trustees. But other from that I keep my lips sealed around inmates.

Don't want that suspected murderer knowing about my personal life eh?

TRUSTEE=RISKEE

Trustees are the ones that usually attempt escape, and are responsible for a majority of hostage situations. Do not "trust" them.
                  "Hostages will not be recognized as a means or method of escape from this institution."

Comment

I have talked with I/M's before, but only for Rapor building. It's good to get to know your inmates, and the only way to do that is to talk to them. I am not overly familiar with mine, but I know them well enough to be able to tell if something is amiss or not. And being able to determine that could save you/your friends lives one day. There is a difference between knowing your I/M's and being overly familiar.
                    "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight"

- General George Patton Jr

Comment

Originally posted by grunt11b View Post
                      I have talked with I/M's before, but only for Rapor building. It's good to get to know your inmates, and the only way to do that is to talk to them. I am not overly familiar with mine, but I know them well enough to be able to tell if something is amiss or not. And being able to determine that could save you/your friends lives one day. There is a difference between knowing your I/M's and being overly familiar.
                      I agree with this statement

Comment

[QUOTE=TXCO1;863640]
                        Originally posted by Rivalfire View Post

TRUSTEE=RISKEE

Trustees are the ones that usually attempt escape, and are responsible for a majority of hostage situations. Do not "trust" them.
                        These inmates are work release, most will be out very shortly. And if they want to try to escape with that amount of time left, well....he should be shot with the taser for stupidity.

Comment

LOL...Taser?? In Texas he would meet the business end of my AR-15. No warning shot.
                          Last edited by TXCO1; 04-25-2007, 04:48 PM. Reason: did not quote proper post

Comment

I will agree with the rapor building, that is important.

But you also need to remember the old proverb that: "You know how to tell if an inmate is lying? Their lips are moving."

Comment

Originally posted by TXCO1 View Post
                              LOL...Taser?? In Texas he would meet the business end of my AR-15. No warning shot.
                              Hey, I honestly fear those x-26's more than a bullet. My GOD those things hurt.

Besides, ammunition should best be saved for when Activist Liberal Season becomes a legal hunt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3249 users online. 148 members and 3101 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X