Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacy
    replied
    I worked private for 3 years in a juvenile facility and cannot count how many ways they screw their employees. I made it work because I loved the job and felt like I was making a difference.

Thankfully the facility closed down (CSC - now owned by GEO) and I moved back to Nebraska and got a job in state corrections. It is 200 times better!

State all the way!!!

Leave a comment:

• grunt11b
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. CO View Post
    Grunt, I am thinking about going feds after 3-5 years. Once I get time and experience. Is the benefits better at the federal level?
    Mine are, but you have to think, I worked for the West Virginia system before going Feds, Your state might have better benefits, just depends.

Leave a comment:

• hankrearden2000
    replied
    Originally posted by SVT-LINCOLN View Post
    Private sucks. CCA, Wackenhut, it's all garbage. State is the way to go. I have alot of friends in the feds too. They hate it. If you start out at state, and you're not a soft P.O.S., you'll hate federal. The only reason they stay is the money. But I have to be happy where I work. I couldn't stay for the money. This is just what I've heard. They said if you start out at federal, you'll like it. But once you've been corrupted by the state, it's hopeless. In the feds, the i/m's have more rights and priveleges(that you can't take away). But if you start out at boot kickin' state, you'll feel like you have no authority.
    You are 100% on target.

Leave a comment:

• TX_CO
    replied
    State - we can make I/M's mind, have good benefits, and get the LE retirement multiplier.

We need to change the signs at the state line-
    "Welcome to Texas, now rack it up!"

Leave a comment:

• SVT-LINCOLN
    Guest replied
    Private sucks. CCA, Wackenhut, it's all garbage. State is the way to go. I have alot of friends in the feds too. They hate it. If you start out at state, and you're not a soft P.O.S., you'll hate federal. The only reason they stay is the money. But I have to be happy where I work. I couldn't stay for the money. This is just what I've heard. They said if you start out at federal, you'll like it. But once you've been corrupted by the state, it's hopeless. In the feds, the i/m's have more rights and priveleges(that you can't take away). But if you start out at boot kickin' state, you'll feel like you have no authority.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. CO
    replied
    Originally posted by grunt11b View Post
    State and now Feds, yeah baby!
    I wouldn't work for a private funded outfit, screw them and the horse they rode in on. They don't know Corrections, and care more about the money then they do there own staff.
    Grunt, I am thinking about going feds after 3-5 years. Once I get time and experience. Is the benefits better at the federal level?

Leave a comment:

• grunt11b
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. CO View Post
    Just wondering which one you work and what are the advantages of each our.
    State and now Feds, yeah baby!
    I wouldn't work for a private funded outfit, screw them and the horse they rode in on. They don't know Corrections, and care more about the money then they do there own staff.
    Last edited by grunt11b; 04-30-2007, 09:50 AM. Reason: Just Cause.

Leave a comment:

• DOCSatTheGunk
    replied
    Private Prisons are a joke.

Leave a comment:

• Bourne Identity
    replied
    Private prisons are a joke. That's just my opinion. In everything I have read or seen about them they offer little or nothing to their employees.

Leave a comment:

• SHU
    replied
    y

Add federal to the poll. I have worked state and now fed but I would never work private. Never ever never. State and fed are bad enough.

Leave a comment:

• Dawg
    replied
    State

I have worked both private and state. Trust me brothers state or fed is the way to go. You couldn't melt me down and pour me back into a private prison.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. CO
    started a poll Private or state funded

Private or state funded

State
    100.00%
    Private
    0.00%
    Just wondering which one you work and what are the advantages of each our.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1510 users online. 94 members and 1416 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X