300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private or state funded

Just wondering which one you work and what are the advantages of each our.
    State
    100.00%
    Private
    0.00%

State

I have worked both private and state. Trust me brothers state or fed is the way to go. You couldn't melt me down and pour me back into a private prison.
    It's a CERT thing. You wouldn't understand.

Comment

y

Add federal to the poll. I have worked state and now fed but I would never work private. Never ever never. State and fed are bad enough.

Comment

Private prisons are a joke. That's just my opinion. In everything I have read or seen about them they offer little or nothing to their employees.

Comment

Private Prisons are a joke.
          If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. CO View Post
            Just wondering which one you work and what are the advantages of each our.
            State and now Feds, yeah baby!
            I wouldn't work for a private funded outfit, screw them and the horse they rode in on. They don't know Corrections, and care more about the money then they do there own staff.
            Last edited by grunt11b; 04-30-2007, 08:50 AM. Reason: Just Cause.
            "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight"

- General George Patton Jr

Comment

Originally posted by grunt11b View Post
              State and now Feds, yeah baby!
              I wouldn't work for a private funded outfit, screw them and the horse they rode in on. They don't know Corrections, and care more about the money then they do there own staff.
              Grunt, I am thinking about going feds after 3-5 years. Once I get time and experience. Is the benefits better at the federal level?

Comment

Private sucks. CCA, Wackenhut, it's all garbage. State is the way to go. I have alot of friends in the feds too. They hate it. If you start out at state, and you're not a soft P.O.S., you'll hate federal. The only reason they stay is the money. But I have to be happy where I work. I couldn't stay for the money. This is just what I've heard. They said if you start out at federal, you'll like it. But once you've been corrupted by the state, it's hopeless. In the feds, the i/m's have more rights and priveleges(that you can't take away). But if you start out at boot kickin' state, you'll feel like you have no authority.

Comment

State - we can make I/M's mind, have good benefits, and get the LE retirement multiplier.

We need to change the signs at the state line-
                  "Welcome to Texas, now rack it up!"
                  the only true rehabilitation starts with a needle............

Comment

Originally posted by SVT-LINCOLN View Post
                    Private sucks. CCA, Wackenhut, it's all garbage. State is the way to go. I have alot of friends in the feds too. They hate it. If you start out at state, and you're not a soft P.O.S., you'll hate federal. The only reason they stay is the money. But I have to be happy where I work. I couldn't stay for the money. This is just what I've heard. They said if you start out at federal, you'll like it. But once you've been corrupted by the state, it's hopeless. In the feds, the i/m's have more rights and priveleges(that you can't take away). But if you start out at boot kickin' state, you'll feel like you have no authority.
                    You are 100% on target.
                    "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. CO View Post
                      Grunt, I am thinking about going feds after 3-5 years. Once I get time and experience. Is the benefits better at the federal level?
                      Mine are, but you have to think, I worked for the West Virginia system before going Feds, Your state might have better benefits, just depends.
                      "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight"

- General George Patton Jr

Comment

I worked private for 3 years in a juvenile facility and cannot count how many ways they screw their employees. I made it work because I loved the job and felt like I was making a difference.

Thankfully the facility closed down (CSC - now owned by GEO) and I moved back to Nebraska and got a job in state corrections. It is 200 times better!

State all the way!!!
                        "it's nothing a rooftop and an AK-47 couldn't cure"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2512 users online. 170 members and 2342 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X