300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riot at New Castle Correctional

Just wanted to post a quick note for those that are not aware of the riot at New Castle C.F. I hope all staff is ok and that they get the facility back soon.

My hopes and prayers are with all the staff and all involved in helping out up there!!!!!

Agreed, I hope all staff are good to go.

The fact that this is a private run prison makes me a little suspicious of the circumstances. While a riot can happen any where, this is a small medium security prison, which is a little suspect.

Any Indiana DOC folks here who can shed light on this?

Comment

I hope things get turned around as well along with everyone is safe to go home to there families.

Robeans, it said in the article on O.com there is 1,000 inmates. There max is 2,200. Do you call that small? I would hate to see what you call big.

Comment

Yeah, small isn't the right word. It's medium sized. And actually they house around 1700 inmates currently, a 600+ of which are recently transfered Arizona inmates, probably causing this whole deal.

It just said on the news that two staff were injured. Let's all hope that they cut their hands while cuffing up a thug instead of the alternatives.

Comment

Good luck boys. God be with you. Take care of business.

Comment

Wow. This is the direct result of the ADC's lax and pro-inmate policies. Another one of our director's bright ideas, give inmates EVERYTHING they want and let them run the yards, then ship them out to a state where they ACTUALLY HAVE TO FOLLOW THE RULES! What did they think was going to happen. Also, yet another reason not to allow private corrections....
            1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

Just an update on the riot. I seen on the news where they are saying that two staff members had been hurt. Not sure of the extent of injuries or what not. Hope they get everything under control quickly.
              It's a CERT thing. You wouldn't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. CO
                I hope things get turned around as well along with everyone is safe to go home to there families.

Robeans, it said in the article on O.com there is 1,000 inmates. There max is 2,200. Do you call that small? I would hate to see what you call big.
                We have 7,000 plus or minus on a given day

Comment

Hopefully our Brother and sister officers are doing okay.
                  If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

I really don't understand why they would allow Arizona inmates into an Indiana prison. Really makes no sense whatsoever. These private owned prisons are not a good thing.

I hope all of the officers involved are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by robeans View Post
                      Agreed, I hope all staff are good to go.

The fact that this is a private run prison makes me a little suspicious of the circumstances. While a riot can happen any where, this is a small medium security prison, which is a little suspect.

Any Indiana DOC folks here who can shed light on this?
                      That facility is built to hold 2200, that's not small dude.
                      "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight"

- General George Patton Jr

Comment

Prayers Up!!

Our thoughts and Prayers are with our Brothers and Sisters in BLUE

Comment

did you hear the inmate fleishmans mom from arizona call fox news and state that her son and other arizona inmates did not start the riot. she then went on to say that her and other inmate families are stressed due to these out of state moves. i wanted to call her and ask her " what about the victims of these inmates"

Comment

Originally posted by grunt11b View Post
                            That facility is built to hold 2200, that's not small dude.
                            True, but I was looking at the population, which until this year was only at 450. Indiana didn't house many people there, in fact they just contracted with Arizona to hold 1000+. This seems to be a trend, move some inmates to another state, then house inmates in your place from a third state, CRAZY.

Comment

Imagine my surprise when I heard that the company was GEO. I know what working conditions were like for a private correctional company, and what the living conditions were like for the juveniles at the private facility I worked for. I worked for the company that GEO bought out a few years ago....
                              Then I got smart and went state!!

I can't help but wonder how much of this is due to being a private run correctional facility.
                              "it's nothing a rooftop and an AK-47 couldn't cure"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6058 users online. 353 members and 5705 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X