300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geting a job in corrections....

hey everyone. i know i am not a sworn correctional officer, but i plan on this week applying to the mississippi department of corrections to work at the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility in Pearl. here is a link to information on the facility...

http://www.mdoc.state.ms.us/division...%20Prisons.htm

i was hoping to talk to someone who has worked for MDOC or CMCF and talk to them about a position with them.

but to all, is a correctional job a good start for a 21 year old guy trying to get his start in public service?? i am currently taking classes from columbia southern university to get my bachelors degree in fire science and plan on getting my degree in personnel management or criminal justice administration after that. is corrections a good job to get a start on a law enforcement career? i dont want to go straight into a position as a police officer, but was wanting to get my start.

thanks everyone. stay safe

Welcome....

Originally posted by Kevo231
    hey everyone. i know i am not a sworn correctional officer, but i plan on this week applying to the mississippi department of corrections to work at the Central Mississippi Correctional Facility in Pearl. here is a link to information on the facility...

http://www.mdoc.state.ms.us/division...%20Prisons.htm

i was hoping to talk to someone who has worked for MDOC or CMCF and talk to them about a position with them.

but to all, is a correctional job a good start for a 21 year old guy trying to get his start in public service?? i am currently taking classes from columbia southern university to get my bachelors degree in fire science and plan on getting my degree in personnel management or criminal justice administration after that. is corrections a good job to get a start on a law enforcement career? i dont want to go straight into a position as a police officer, but was wanting to get my start.

thanks everyone. stay safe

Female joint eh? Good luck with that.

Me, I'd rather wrestle a dozen cobras in a phone booth with a blindfold on. The odds are better.

Comment

Just be able to tell an inmate "NO" and stick to it.
      Have a sense of fairness, and enforce the rules and it's all good.

And it's a thankless job..................but welcome.
      the only true rehabilitation starts with a needle............

Comment

Originally posted by fsquared View Post
        Female joint eh? Good luck with that.

Me, I'd rather wrestle a dozen cobras in a phone booth with a blindfold on. The odds are better.

From what I have heard about those joints, the fights are harder to break up than for male inmates. Who needs that eye clawing, hair pulling stuff anyway?

Comment

i

Two things I've learned by working w/female I/Ms. 1. Keep it in your pants. I have seen a number of guys who could not and their lives are over.
          2. Be a mean SOB w/female I/Ms and it cuts down on the games they like to play. Do not talk to them unless you are giving them a order. They are not women. They are I/Ms. Remember that.
          Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2763 users online. 141 members and 2622 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X