Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that the BOP doesn’t even issue a badge to its officers should be an indicator of how much authority they want you exhibiting outside of the fence line. There’s also no need to be out in public unnecessarily painting a target on your back for criminals, ex-inmates, or anti-LE agitators... especially nowadays.

The Bureau is finally allowing officers to bring their personal weapons onto Federal property in order to protect themselves while commuting to and from work. Don’t screw it up because you want to look all tacticool walking into Quick Chek to grab a Gatorade before your shift.

Ditch or cover the uniform shirt for your commute, carry concealed, and go about your day.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC1986 View Post
      The fact that the BOP doesn’t even issue a badge to its officers should be an indicator of how much authority they want you exhibiting outside of the fence line. There’s also no need to be out in public unnecessarily painting a target on your back for criminals, ex-inmates, or anti-LE agitators... especially nowadays.

The Bureau is finally allowing officers to bring their personal weapons onto Federal property in order to protect themselves while commuting to and from work. Don’t screw it up because you want to look all tacticool walking into Quick Chek to grab a Gatorade before your shift.

Ditch or cover the uniform shirt for your commute, carry concealed, and go about your day.
      If you read PS 5510.15 that covers Detaining and Arresting non inmates. BOP only has Statutory Powers of Arrest for ON DUTY staff only. And even then with over 18 years in with 10 years on SORT I have never heard of a cased where a BOP staff member effected an arrest. Usually they detain and refer to the FBI for say drug intros in the VR and local LE if a DUI wanders onto grounds

So no badge is needed for off duty as you are not required to carry a firearm or are you representing BOP. Do you have a perk by LEOSA? Yes but the only thing special (perk) is you can have your firearm with you.

Besides LEOSA is only for you to save your skin not to turn anyone into an 1811.
      Last edited by in625shooter; 11-06-2018, 07:12 AM.

Comment

At my off duty, private employment job, I carried a pocket sized pistol in a pocket holster and kept it in my back pocket concealed. No one else knew it was there.

It also made a nice BUG on the job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9163 users online. 307 members and 8856 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X