300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q for my BOP officers regarding injury/COP

In the event you are assaulted on the job and medical complications arise from the assault and you go to the safety officer to fill out the CA-1 and all the necessary stuff from the ops Lt, but who determines in the prison if you get COP. I know that the dept. of labor does ultimately but that takes a couple of months and by the time the determination is made the 45 days from the incident is over. So who says if jo blow officer gets his 45 days COP in the time between the incident and the dept. of labor determination?

I believe the agency makes that decision. Check the Master Agreement http://www.cpl33.info/id3.html and especially, the program statement on Safety/Workmen's Comp. at www.bop.gov . If they are denying the claim the injured party will most likely have to file a grievance.
    "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4584 users online. 245 members and 4339 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X