300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Marshal Detention Officers

I have posted about this position in the career area,just wondering if anyone works for the marshal's as a detention officer, or as any experience working with them?

Originally posted by Tazer101
    I have posted about this position in the career area,just wondering if anyone works for the marshal's as a detention officer, or as any experience working with them?

I've worked with them and considered applying for a position awhile back. For me, it would too much a cut in pay. And, the DEO's that I know tell me that the US Marshal in charge of their District has forbade them from carrying off duty under LEOSA. Instead, he suggested they go get a carry permit like everyone else (meaning civilians presumably).

They do mostly transport and sit on inmates in their Court house lock-up. Pretty mundane and boring routine. But, if you are trying to get out of shift work, they rarely work past 5:00 P.M. and almost never on weekends and Holidays. Remember, they pretty much keep the same hours that the Court does, and Judges generally don't work past 5:00 P.M.

The guys I know seem content, they all probably want to be DUSM's someday and the DEO is a good "foot in the door" for that. I suppose it all boils down to what you are looking for, how much time you have in and if you are eventually willing to move (If you get selected later as a DUSM).

You may want to check out this page: On US Marshal Employment Opportunities

Good luck

Comment

Also, the Marshals hire part-time detention officers in the Air Ops section who are basically contract workers. I know several retired BOP staff from the FTC & El Reno who do this. They all fly on "Con Air" and are basically on flex-time. They work pretty much when they want to. Apparently the USMS have a large enough pool of people that flex-time isn't an issue. It could be another possible foot in the door.
      "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Any idea how long their training last and where its located? As far as firearm carry its up to the marshal of each district? Thanks again guys...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5843 users online. 317 members and 5526 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X