300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Question

Thanks all for the reply, I do have another question.

What is the cost for illegal drugs in prison?

If you can give the drug and price it would help.

Thanks

Inmates have told me that one "pinner" (very skinny) marijuana joint cost 15-25 "items". Normal pinner cigarettes cost 5 to 10 items. Items are food bought from canteen. Normally they use Top Ramen soups.

Other drugs I have heard can cost anywhere from 200% to 500% more than on the streets.
    Noise Check!

Vic Mackey was my Training Officer

Comment

I do not work inside yet. However I do work with drug adicts in a long term intesive residential facility. Many of them have done some sort of time in the past. It seems that the "cost" of drugs in jails and prisons vary from one facility to another depending upon how easy or difficult it is to smuggle them in. Drugs enter facilities in various ways. They are smuggled in by inmates, brought in by vistors, or smuggled in by officers "on the take". I have even heard one story about a county facility that is in a downtown area and some of the upper floors can see down to the streets below. Inmates would obtain a long section of string and tie it to a heavy object usually a tube of tooth paste. They would throw the toothpaste to the street below and a person on the outside would tie a package to the string and they would pull in the package. Often drugs, tabacco etc are trade for items inside the jail like soup(ramen noodles and other items on the commisary list like candy bars. Other times for sexual favors. Cash can also exchange hands through an outside source. The inmate has a relitive or "friend" place money in another inmates commisary account and then the drugs exchange hands inside the jail. Some examples of prices I have heard are as follows:

2 dinner Trays for one marijuana joint
      two packs of smokes for one bag of heroin (just enough fro a dope addict to not be dope sick for a couple of hours)
      Five packs of ramen noodle for one cigarette
      Fifty dollars placed in commisary account for two grams of pot

I have some more details as far as how inmates get the drugs in themselves but they are a little graphic. Hope this helps.
      "I'm not racist or prejudice I hate everyone equally."

Comment

Originally posted by 5k2name
        Thanks all for the reply, I do have another question.

What is the cost for illegal drugs in prison?

If you can give the drug and price it would help.

Thanks
        I heard $500 for a can of "Bugler" tobacco a couple weeks ago.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5318 users online. 288 members and 5030 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X