300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your briefing like?

Just wondering what your briefing is like. Is it more formal or informal. We basically have 2 briefings. One for the all officers and one once you get to your post or unit. Sometimes we have 2 or 3 Lt's and we also have 1 or 2 Captains and maybe the Deputy Warden in ours.

Very informal. You get your briefing from the officer you relieve. Pretty basic..quiet or not..who got rolled, etc..

We also have a roll call line that we call. It's not always updated tho.

Comment

If we're lucky the shift supervisor does a confrence call.
      "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

Captain: Confinment Sarge
        Me: Yes Sir.

Comment

30 minutes prior to shift we are required to report for roll call (turn-out).

Duty positions are assigned
          Uniforms checked
          equipment issued
          shift issues addressed
          policy updates/mandatory training done

The Lt. makes the schedule and the Sgt's conduct most of the turn-out, occasionally the Captain, Major or Warden will address the shift, or any other relevant person IAD (OIG), Safety, Personnel etc.

Once dismissed we are to immediately report to our posts and relieve 1st shift.

All 3 shifts do this every single day.

If you are late (without acceptable reason) you could get placed on suspension or probation.
          Last edited by TX_CO; 04-10-2007, 08:36 PM.
          the only true rehabilitation starts with a needle............

Comment

Do you get paid or comp time for that 30 minute turn-out?
            "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

On the clock, that's why if you miss it you are screwed.

Comment

We used to do that until the union bitched about not getting paid.

Comment

He gets paid for his brief, we (BOP) don't.

Why do we always have to count the beans?

Sometimes, getting the straight dope on what's going on in the joint is more valuable than a 30 minute comp. I long for the days when we got the briefings, STG updates, the once over on our uni's and a good turnover.

I know, I know .... my balls are gonna get busted for saying it. But, I agree with KSBrewer on this one. Briefings are good stuff .... lazy as*ed "minute men" who "do 8 and hit the gate" are a detriment to my safety.

Comment

We also get to let the Supervisors know what is and isn't working, and out the lazy/sorry officers, our last (4/9) was about cutting the dead weight from the shift and disciplinary action against the scrotes on shift.

Comment

We have to punch in 15 minutes before shift actually begins for line-up...basically we stand there and the chart sgt. fills us in on some stuff, the Lieutenant keys us in on some things than the chart sgt. says "have a good night, go to work." and we all make for our posts.
                      If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

When I worked for Oklahoma DOC we were required to be at shift briefing 15 minutes before our shift. We received comp time for it.

Comment

Line up 15 minutes prior to actual start of shift. OIC (usually Lt. or above) reads post orders, makes post assignments and other notes/issues pertaining to the shift IE releases, court/med trips then its Sgt's, do you have anything to say? Anything from the floor? Lets go get'em.

After line up briefed again by the officer you are relieving.
                          Be sure you're right, then go ahead
                          Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
                          If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowles
                            Line up 15 minutes prior to actual start of shift. OIC (usually Lt. or above) reads post orders, makes post assignments and other notes/issues pertaining to the shift IE releases, court/med trips then its Sgt's, do you have anything to say? Anything from the floor? Lets go get'em.

After line up briefed again by the officer you are relieving.

This is pretty much how we do it.

However on the weekends there is only 2 briefings. And people come and go every few hours. And on the weekends, i feel kinda lost cause I don't know what is going on.

Comment

when i worked for ky doc at ekcc we had a roll call everyday and did not get paid for it started about 10 minutes prior to shift now that i work for the BOP we do not do roll calles instead each shift has a conference call same stuff every shift bitching us out about what we are not doing or getting done. no info on inmates or anything that happened the shift before, you have better luck finding out what went on from the inmates that you do from your supervisors.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2960 users online. 160 members and 2800 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X