300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupidest Law of the Year

PA has again stepped up and taken the lead in the Stupidest Law of the Year. Well, this one is not yet law, but given our fine Representatives ability to circumvent the will of the people it may just come to pass.

Seems that they want to make lawful owners have to register each and every weapon with the PSP, have ID cards issued for each weapon and impose this very scary part:

(h) Denial.--In the event the application is denied, the Pennsylvania State Police shall inform the applicant in writing of the denial. Any applicant who believes that the applicant's application is wrongfully denied may, within ten days after receiving notice of the denial, file a written appeal of the denial in accordance with 2 Pa.C.S. (relating to administrative law and procedure). Within three days after notification of a decision unfavorable to the applicant and all time for appeal having expired, the applicant shall surrender to the Pennsylvania State Police the firearm for which the applicant was denied registration.

So...Johnny Con, who could not spell register if it meant him never being caught, will still be using stolen unregistered weapons to commit crimes while honest law abiding citizens will be "denied" a permit and have to surrender their weapons to the PSP. Makes total sense, if you are a Philadelphia politician. Which BTW, the boneheads who introduced this piece of crap happen to be from.

Anyway, it may be best that you muster whatever political power you may have to head off some similar attempt in your own home state.

And no, I am not a gun nut. I just happen to firmly believe in the United States Constitution and the 2nd Ammendment.

If your interested in the entire text of the proposed legislation, it is here:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/...r=0760&pn=0881

Done with my rant now.
    Last edited by BillP; 04-08-2007, 08:58 AM.

Most of the northeast has been in a decline for a long time. Taxes are high and the cost of living is high. People are leaving here at a high rate. When people read stories like yours, it's easy to understand why many folks move south.

Some of these liberals up here will fight tooth and nail to destroy our 2nd amendment. Talking politics with liberals enrages me. As Michael Savage says, 'Liberalism is a mental disorder'. Thankfully, we have the NRA with 4 million or so members to combat the anti-gun crowd. Remember- registration will eventually lead to confiscation.

All we have to do is look at the gun laws in NYC, LA, Boston, San Fran and other large cities. The lefts wet dream is to have federal/state law emulate the laws of the mentioned cities. It's only going to get worse... just look towards the horizon and take a look at who we have lined up as presidential front runners in 2008.. mostly liberals from the northeast.

Ok.. thats enough.. I will stop my right-wing ranting for now.

Comment

Too bad. I had always thought of Pennsylvania as being one of only four remaining sane states north of Mason-Dixon. I'll look for the other dominoes to fall.
      "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

I know guys up here that are already buying boxes from the military to store thier guns in. I live near a major base and the military likes to waste our money by getting rid of things after they use them once. They have these boxes that are air, water, sand etc. tight. They last forever. After they come back from deployment they empty them and sell them to civilias that work on post fro like 70 bucks. Guys are buying them like hot cakes and plan to bury thier guns out in the woods somewhere when NY bans everything. They were just talking this year about banning ALL semi-automatic weapons. The duck hunters were freaking out. I dont feel the need to get extreme yet but wholly crap. It isn't registered guns we need to worry about here. I would like to see the stats for crimes commited with a firearm that is registered or even if it was registered if the person who it was registered to even commited the crime.
        "I'm not racist or prejudice I hate everyone equally."

Comment

I'm glad I am from Texas, we just had the Governor sign into law a "Castle Doctrine" eliminating the need to retreat before using deadly force to protect yourself and property.

I wouldn't move up north if you paid me, I refuse to register anything more than my car.
          the only true rehabilitation starts with a needle............

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4926 users online. 289 members and 4637 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X