300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corections VS Youth Probation.

If anyone has worked in both the Big house and at a youth detention fascility, please tell me which one you like better? I work for the later, and I think you guys have balls of steel to work with adults with harder crimes and a smaller ratio. I work with a ratio of 1-15. You guys have a ratio of 1-50. That seems pretty scary to me... :P I maybe wrong.

kGB

Youth detention sucks. I don't care what the ratio is. And If I had a 1:50 ratio I would be happy as hell. Try one to 100 or 200+. I would never ever want to work with teenagers. Ever.

Comment

I worked for the Department of Criminal Justice (DOC) and then went to work with Juvenile Probation and I am now back with TDCJ because anything dealing with juveniles is BS, the system ties your hands as to what can be done with them legally, and cripples your ability to manage their behavior through a quagmire of regulations, outside agencies, and politics.

I would rather work in Segregration with the worst of Adult Felons and risk getting stabbed daily than work anywhere near juvenile services.
      the only true rehabilitation starts with a needle............

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6275 users online. 358 members and 5917 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X