300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wohooo !! I'm going to AZ COTA

I started looking at this career around 2 years ago, my wife and I moved here from England about 3 months ago, although its taken 2 years in the immigration process ..... I went through the selection process about a month ago but have been waiting for my green card to come ..... Well it finally come and DOC fast tracked my app. and here I am going to academy on the 9th Apr. ... I can't wait to get started ..... Alan

Gratz! It is nice to be excited about something. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Good luck man. If you have any questions about ADC or COTA, PM me and I'll try to help.
      1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

Hey Dude. I recently graduated COTA, and just started working. If you need advice or anything, just ask via the forum or pm. Congratulations.

Comment

thanks guys !!

I'm curious about the accomodation, as i live in mesa, I'm gonna have to stay down there over the weekend !! did you share a room ? whats the rooms like ? .... What should I expect to be doing on my 1st week ? I figure alot of paperwork and pt !! Thanks Alan I heard somewhere that they make you run everywhere !! Is that right .... don't get me wrong if thats what I gotta do then thats what I'll do .... I'm thinkin, that can't be right tho !!
          Last edited by Insp. Gadget; 04-06-2007, 05:37 PM.

Comment

You don't have to stay at COTA on the weekend. COTA is live in if you don't live in or near Tucson and can't commute. Meaning that you arrive on Sunday night, stay all week and on Friday drive back home for the weekend. Believe me, after nine weeks, you'll be real glad when that's all over. And yes, you do share a room. Depending on your room assignment, you could end up with sharing a room with only one guy, or three. You'll see what I mean when you get there. The rooms are very basic, and again depending on your room assignment, you may be one of the fortunate ones who have to use the communal restroom. Just remember that cleanliness is of paramount importance. That includes your dorm room, the day room, the hallways, and the restroom. Do your part in keeping it clean and you won't have any problems. As far as the first week goes, there is a lot of paperwork the first day or so, and quite a bit of classroom time. Just remember to listen to, and do what you're told and you will not have any problems. As far as running everywhere goes, the answer is yes. But don't sweat it at all. It's a very light jog, and you only have to do it for the first and second weeks. Once you get your class flag, you won't have to do it unless your class does something to get the flag rolled up.
            Lastly, do not take PT lightly. If you're in shape now, great. Stay that way, and continue to work on your physical conditioning. A lot of people have trouble in this area and end up stressing out about it throughout their experience at COTA. Needless to say if you doubt your abilities, then start running, doing pushups, and situps today. Also, keep in mind that COTA only holds a handfull of structured PT sessions throughout the nine weeks, so it will be up to you to succeed in that area. If you need advice more in depth than this, then pm me. Good luck.

Comment

What COTA class are they at now? Good luck. Learn what you can and dont get a big head your first year. Wait at least five.

Comment

JNRam Thirdgod Mgrif

Hey thanks for the info, thats a real help.... This all sounds really familiar ... I was in the British Air Force, so room and barrack cleaning/inspections, I'm no stranger to.... the physical aspect I really have no problem with,I'm in pretty good shape, I guessed we'd be running everywhere especially as they ask you to wear tennis shoes with business attire ... again something I'm not a stranger to .... Also when did you get your first pay cheque .... Hey we've all bills to pay right ? Which complex are you guys working at ? I'm going to Florence .... Is the job everything you epected it to be ? My class number is 800 .... easy to remember .... Oh and did I mention how much I'm looking forward to this job.... I haven't been this excited since I was going to Basic training for the military as 17 yr old kid .....
                Last edited by Insp. Gadget; 04-07-2007, 10:10 AM.

Comment

another ?

Are either of you guys working Florence ? If so, whats your shift pattern ? I believe there is a shuttle bus running from mesa to florence, do you have to go to a meeting point to get it or will it pick you up at home ??? I know I'm a little ahead of myself, especially as I've not even completed the academy .... but I like to be prepared ........ Thanks guys !"!

Comment

Originally posted by Insp. Gadget
                    Are either of you guys working Florence ? If so, whats your shift pattern ? I believe there is a shuttle bus running from mesa to florence, do you have to go to a meeting point to get it or will it pick you up at home ??? I know I'm a little ahead of myself, especially as I've not even completed the academy .... but I like to be prepared ........ Thanks guys !"!
                    I work at Eyman, which is also in the Town of Florence but is a seperate complex from Florence Complex. There's a vanpool that runs from Mesa to Florence, you have to meet it.

You'll get a check for your uniform allowance in the first week so you can buy uniforms. Otherwise you'll probably have to wait two-three weeks depending on where you start in the pay period before you get paid.

Oh, and you'll also have to learn the American spelling of the work "Check", it's a requirement to pass COTA
                    1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

Special Conversion Classes ? ? Do they do these ?

Originally posted by thirdgod
                      Oh, and you'll also have to learn the American spelling of the work "Check", it's a requirement to pass COTA
                      OOps !! I'll get my dictionary out .... I'm gonna play on the Irish thing ... hopefully they'll take pity on me .... Thanks for the info ... hey are you paid monthly ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4692 users online. 274 members and 4418 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X