300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adult vs. Juvenile Corrections

I am looking into working in corrections and I didn’t know if anyone currently worked in adult or juvenile corrections that would be able to give me some feedback on what it is like in either place. Thanks

You are on a forum full of active and retired Corrections Personnel. Tell us a little bit about yourself and ask some specific questions to get the input you are seeking.

Comment

What is different from juvenile inmates vs. adult inmates? Besides the amount of inmates per facility, are juveniles more out of control than adults? I would like any ones personal view of either facility, if you worked in juvenile why did you pick that over adults? Or if you worked adults why did you choose that. I am currently working for the Ohio Department of Natural Resources as a Recreational Aide. So my current job is a little different then corrections of course. Thanks

Comment

The obvious is the age of the inmate, and maturity level.

Juvenile corrections has stricter guidelines on program activities, use of force, sentencing. Juvenile offenders are often prone to violent outbursts due to immaturity and lack of social development. They are treated with "kid gloves" and your hands are tied in dealing with them in any effective manner because "they are just kids".

I have worked both and prefer Adult Corrections hands down, less interference from outside groups and agencies in how they are managed.
        the only true rehabilitation starts with a needle............

Comment

Then again, alot of adult inmates have the same issues with immaturity and lack of social skills. (that's why they are there)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2885 users online. 168 members and 2717 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X