300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you carry ID, Badge ?

Hey everyone, Last night on my shift a co worker and I got into a discussion. We were doing a poll to see how many off Duty CO's actually carry their badge or Department ID outside of work. At my Facility, I think out of the 12 people I asked, about a third carried some form of Department ID outside of work. In our Department it is not required that you have your ID and Badge on you, it is totally up to indvidual. So I think the next thing would be to see who on here does carry Dept ID and who doesnt and the reason for that choice. Im curious to see what other CO's from other departments think.....

Yeah, I'm sure I have an ID card or two in my wallet, but I don't carry my badge.
    Seriously, I am not going to pull in out in some turd's face and yell, "Stop, in the name of the jail division."
    Road Captain
    Blue Knights TX XIX

Comment

• SergeyNazarov
      SergeyNazarov commented
      Editing a comment
      Loooool that's funny

We are not allowed to carry them off work. We can wear or County ID on us, but not department. I do know of a few where people say they put thier badge in thier wallets when they are off. Get caught... get fired...

Comment

I carry mine in a seperate case from my wallet. State COs in Arizona can carry off-duty on their badge and ID, so any time I'm armed I carry them with me.
      1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

We don't have badges, but my I.D. card stays in my wallet all of the time.
        "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

NY State we're SUPPOSE to carry our badge and ID all of the time. We do not wear badges on our shirts, so our only issued badge comes in a badge wallet.
          New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

In IDOC only Lt's and above get badges, the wallet kind. From what I hear officers at one time had badges but officers were getting in trouble with them and they were taken away. I don't know if that actually happened though or not. We do have ID cards but in this state it does not give you any special privileges as you are not recognized as a peace officer or any form of LE for that matter
            I can't believe I do this for free!

Comment

It is mandatory for NYC Correction Officer to carry their shield and ID at all times... On and Off Duty......
              Really "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts In New York City"!
              sigpic

Comment

The County I work for requires carry of shield and ID if you're armed. I carry mine all the time because I know where it is then

Comment

I do most here in south fla carry both mainly for traffic / speeding,
                  almost everyone days have a nice day and you go on with yr biz,

all police officers
                  deputy sheriff's
                  state and county corrections officers
                  probation and parole
                  states attourneys
                  can carry firearms concealed/ on badge and i.d.
                  you then go under yr agency - what you can and cannot do off duty
                  " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                  " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

I carry my ID and badge at all times.
                    Be sure you're right, then go ahead
                    Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
                    If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

My ID stays in my wallet at all times. No badge for us. Only 1st Sgt and above get them.

Comment

I usually carr it it my wallet so I know were it is at. Plus I need it when Im armed, since the grand old bop dosnt issue us badges except when were on duty

Comment

Originally posted by hankrearden2000
                          We don't have badges, but my I.D. card stays in my wallet all of the time.
                          Same here, I carry my firearm about 50% of the time when I leave the house, sometimes concealed. It's nice to have the federal LEO ID just incase, to prove you fall under LEOSA.
                          "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight"

- General George Patton Jr

Comment

Originally posted by Kokoro
                            In IDOC only Lt's and above get badges, the wallet kind. From what I hear officers at one time had badges but officers were getting in trouble with them and they were taken away. I don't know if that actually happened though or not. We do have ID cards but in this state it does not give you any special privileges as you are not recognized as a peace officer or any form of LE for that matter
                            Sounds like some sort of crap that would happen in WV state system. Sad really, punish the masses for something a few knuckleheads did.
                            "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight"

- General George Patton Jr

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3132 users online. 190 members and 2942 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X