300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYS Corrections Exam 26-314

Did anyone receive their admission notice in the mail ? I received a email about it a few days ago. Wondering where the testing location will be.

I’m taking it this upcoming Saturday in lower Manhattan

Comment

I got mine but after going over it again honestly the pay is to low compared to NYC DOC so it doesn't make sense.
      Yonkers Police Exam
      Date: 3/26/2014
      Score: 90
      List: Zone 3
      Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
      Date: 1/9/2016
      Score: 9X.X%
      List: 1XX
      Orientation: 6/24/16
      Medical:6/24/16
      Agility:7/9/16
      Written Psych:8/2/16
      Oral Psych:
      PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
      Date: 6/8/16

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the pay difference as well, but I figured I’d take it as a back up. I took the NYC DOC Exam already I’m just on a medical hold waiting to be cleared.

Comment

Just got home from the exam. Anyone here took it today?

Comment

Took the exam today. Much easier then I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by ShyDizi View Post
              Yeah, I noticed the pay difference as well, but I figured I’d take it as a back up. I took the NYC DOC Exam already I’m just on a medical hold waiting to be cleared.
              I am from exam 6315, i flew through the process on schedule for the academy back in December of 2016. I was called for the oral in November of that year then it was canceled and i was never rescheduled. Turns out ive been on review ever since so imagine how i feel.
              Yonkers Police Exam
              Date: 3/26/2014
              Score: 90
              List: Zone 3
              Agility Test: 5/1/2016 - (Passed)

NYC DOC Exam 6315
              Date: 1/9/2016
              List: 1XX
              Orientation: 6/24/16
              Medical:6/24/16
              Agility:7/9/16
              Written Psych:8/2/16
              Oral Psych:
              PE:

Environmental Police Officer Exam 6316
              Date: 6/8/16

*US Army Veteran~2nd Cavalry Regiment*

Comment

i took the exam june 2016 i think lol, waiting for nyc doc as well

Comment

While this is a thread for NYS Corrections, I am on hold with NYC DOC as well and I even tried contacting my background investigator and candidate relations to resume my process, and didn’t much of an answer... I am considering taking the NYC DOC test again when it comes out towards the end of this month even though some have told me and others not to because some of the old exams stay active in regards to being able to be hired..... but it seems like the loophole (for lack of better term) is to simply take the test again and get yourself back in the process.... I could be wrong though.

as for the NYS Corrections test, I found it to be fairly easy too.... with the memory section being the most difficult part IMO. I wonder how fast the process will move this time as I had been following the thread for last year’s exam in the NY forum section and they’re almost at the point where many of them are about to be hired....

Comment

• ballin240sx
                    ballin240sx commented
                    Editing a comment
                    wait really your gonna take the test again , what test did you take ? im 7320 , still on hold waiting for oral

• Jkim_1
                    Jkim_1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I took 7322... I was put on hold before I did oral or physical agility.... they usually need people so idk why it’s sometimes difficult to get reinstated when on hold unless they informally consider them as candidates whom they prefer not to hire.

So is it safe to say it’s going to be about a year before we hear anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Nextstep View Post
                    So is it safe to say it’s going to be about a year before we hear anything?
                    Most of the high scoring candidates who took the Feb 2017 exam received their canvass letter around late May-mid June 2017. I heard the candidates who scored in the early to mid 80s received theirs around August. It’s not guaranteed to the be the same because how fast a hiring process moves often depends on how many people they need.

Comment

I hope it goes as fast as the NYC process has been, I got called for orientation before the official list had came out. I use to call often to check on my status but after awhile it got tiring. So that’s why I took the NYS Exam. but I called recently and it was saying that i was still under review, I’m guessing that’s a good thing since I haven’t been DQ’d yet.

Comment

anyone get a letter from NYS DOC for going through with the process ?

Comment

Nopes, i didnt get anything for exam 26-314 (corrections trainee). It should be right around the corner since it normally takes two months.

Comment

Two months? I was expecting a year.

Comment

• ballin240sx
                              ballin240sx commented
                              Editing a comment
                              took little more than a year for me to hear back form NYS DOC , it was a letter

• BOO3
                              BOO3 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I believe the test scores come out in 2-3 months.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4305 users online. 256 members and 4049 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X