300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this sound wrong?

Would it be wrong to wake an Inmate up and tell them they are getting out on bond and then when they report to the Post Officer desk to get ready to head out you sit them on the bench and say, "APRIL FOOLS!" ?
    Ever feel like you live in the state of confusion?

If you do it better be an inmate that has a sense of humor and you are familiar with that won't go off the deep end and will take it as a joke. If $#!+ hits the fan when you spring it on him I wouldn't want to be anywhere around when you have to explain it to a boss with that has zero in the sense of humor category.
    If you do it PLEASE let us know how it turned out.
    "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Nah, I just thought about that on the drive home this morning. Most of the inmates at my facility would have been more than happy to drop a grievance.

Comment

lol, yeah. I can't see anything like that ending any other way than B.A.D.
        Funny thought though.
        Be sure you're right, then go ahead
        Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
        If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

truly foul idea! I can see how it might sound funny from yr point of view but the judge didn't sentence anybody to get their head messed with like that. yeah they'd grieve you and they'd be 110% correct. For once.
          shepherdess extraordinaire

"Man stands in his own shadow and wonders why it is dark."- Zen proverb

Comment

Wow ! He's said it was a thought. What you never had one?? It is okay to have thoughts that are funny it's when you act on them you got problems. If you can't have some "thoughts" about your job that make you laugh you are 110% uptight.

Comment

Originally posted by fair witness
              truly foul idea! I can see how it might sound funny from yr point of view but the judge didn't sentence anybody to get their head messed with like that. yeah they'd grieve you and they'd be 110% correct. For once.

Okay having worked as a Public Servant for quite a while I can say that it comes with the job. We laugh about small stuff like this cause 99% of the time we have to deal with people throwing body fluids on us, or people wanting to shank us, or people threatening to kill our families. So before you start sniping at me with a boohoo message about "oh thats a foul idea... blah blah blah" realize that as stated earlier, it was a thought, not something actually done.

Comment

It's a county jail, right? How many of them have been sentenced?
                "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

Eh, its hard to say because they mix the pretrial and sentenced together. That and couple it with APD's arrest records I would say the majority is pretrial.

Comment

Ignore the troll, he's just another thug hugger looking to stir the pot.
                    Be sure you're right, then go ahead
                    Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
                    If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

My 4-1-07 Thought!

LOL...Good Thread! Had a thought driving in this past Sunday. (Remember, with the two guys from NYS prisons getting released on new DNA evidence, in one month of each other.)

How about going into work---finding Inmate Smith---and letting it "slip" that you saw the Noon news and that they are looking into 'Inmate Smith' case, and that they believe that he was wrongly imprisoned for 15 years because the DNA does not match! Oh man! That would be hilarious!!

B/c it is all these scumbags are talking about now on the blocks....my lawyer is looking into DNA evidence...Ya-Da, Ya-Da, Ya-Da! Ahh good times, good times!!
                      Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6935 users online. 359 members and 6576 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X