300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.O.P hiring, KSA's broken system??

I had noticed in my time at the BOP that for the most part jobs were hired on a "paperwork" only basis. I noticed that in certain jobs that required KSA'a for consideration that many times an applicant completely B.S'd there paperwork and got hired being totally inept at the job.....I can think of this happening several times. All these people had to do was wing it for a bit and they would be kept on. I just never saw anyone get fired for not being able to do there job at the BOP. Maybe it was just the particular supervisors,I dont know. Have you seen this befor???

B.O.P hiring, KSA's broken system??
    Broken? Hell, before it could be broken it would have to work first, wouldn't it?

Maybe it was just the particular supervisors,I dont know. Have you seen this befor???
    Poor, poor naive Kentucky Mountaineer. Son, you ask have we seen this before. I say to you that it's The Bureau of Prisons Way!
    "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

hmmm

SOP in the KGB. They put out something recently saying they were doing away with the KSAs. And just the other day I saw something on sallyport that said the new system they were going to use to replace it was not working so they were going back to the old way of screwing everything up.
      And on a brighter note we had two officers quit today. My chances for getting easy M/W OT and a prime parking space near the dumpsters just went up slightly!

Comment

You know, they can tinker all they want with this or that subsystem of the agency. But it won't change a thing. The Bureau Way will remain.
        "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

LOL, I see that its the norm. I have been to plenty of different istitutions but not long enough to know the staff well. Ive saw people who were so god @#$$ inept at there jobs it sickened me. I was offered a welders job at two different prisons....I guess they never saw a person who could actually do there job befor....

Comment

And what do you think happens to all those inept people? Have you ever wondered how it is that Executive Staff avoid drawing their recruits from the ranks of the inept?

Comment

Yea, really. Sometimes I think that the inept people get promoted out just to get rid of them.

Comment

What causes you to believe that? Direct observation maybe?

Comment

Ive had the pleasure of working with said idiots..........

Comment

I thought so. Now, don't become disgruntled when you find yourself working for those who can't do the job, but are uniquely qualified to supervise those who can. It's The Bureau Way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4564 users online. 291 members and 4273 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X