300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Duty Firearms

Hey everyone, just wondering what everyone carries off duty. Im looking into possibly a compact, but Im not very educated in this area. What do you guys suggest as a small,off duty firearm?

I have always carried a Glock. Currentlly I carry the model 19. It's small enough to conceal easily, it has good magazine capacity (if you don't live in Kalifornia) and it's not so small that it is uncomfortable to shoot. Inexpensive, reliable and some places will give CO's law enforcemet prices. I only paid $430 for mine and it came three magazines. That is about $80 less than normal pricing.
    War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

Glock 17 at the LE price with full kit. I use a variety of holsters depending on dress and occasion. I'm kind of a big guy, so it fits my hand well enough. I did try out the G19, and the finger grooves were not a good fit for me, although I probably could have made it work, such as maybe modify the grip a bit. The one I carry, although considered full size for the 9mm, can be carried on me without printing if I use IWB or belly band or Thunder Wear. I wear my civilian clothing loose which also helps alot, plus I prefer loose fitting clothing.

Comment

Sigh, I know I'll catch hell for this. But WHEN I carry off duty its a Taurus Model 85 .38 cal 5 shot.

It's a good dependable weapon.
        Be sure you're right, then go ahead
        Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
        If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

Sig 226 9mm, unfortunately I can only carry because I have a CHL.
          the only true rehabilitation starts with a needle............

Comment

Originally posted by Bowles
            Sigh, I know I'll catch hell for this. But WHEN I carry off duty its a Taurus Model 85 .38 cal 5 shot.

Nothing wrong with a Taurus 85. I have one just like it in plain stainless--with no pimp accessories Thank You.
            "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

Charter Arms snub-nosed .38 Special, 5 shot, hollow point.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowles

I carry the glock 23. It doesn't have the bling bling like Bowles' gun but I think I'll look into it.
                "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Actually it's my wife's weapon. She bought it before we were married, now that we are I leave my .357 Smith at home along with a few 12 ga, 30.06, .22, .22 mag, .50 cal black powder and pellet rifle (good for cats).
                  Be sure you're right, then go ahead
                  Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
                  If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

Of course, it's your wife's gun now.
                    "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

glock 19 in a iwb holster

Comment

Off Duty Carry

I choose between the Glock 27 and a Sig P 229. It all depends upon how I am dressed. I carry either of the two because most law enforcement carry on or the other in my area. I would rather have something I can exchange a magazine with if the ---- hits the fan. Semper Fi
                        Convict says I'm geeting tired of this health care system. I reply can I see your health care providers card and where did you say you were treated prior to coming to prison? Oh you used the corner pharmacy, we don't have that here NEXT PLEASE!

Comment

Two flavors ...

Originally posted by WarpedJoeSI
                          Hey everyone, just wondering what everyone carries off duty. Im looking into possibly a compact, but Im not very educated in this area. What do you guys suggest as a small,off duty firearm?

Springfield Armory XD40 subcompact or, a Ruger SP101 (.357 mag)

Comment

Glock 26 with 17rnd mag & grip extension or keltec P3AT depends on how I am feeling

Comment

Glock 22..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3383 users online. 207 members and 3176 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X