300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nyc doc academy

Does anyone out there know when the next academy class begins? Has anyone been called for pre-employments or to take their agility test for the next class. any info would be appreciated. thanks!

Agility

I just took an agilty test for corrections this past Saturday the 24th at Queens Detention Center. It was pretty easy, 6 flights of stairs and a dummy drag as well as shooting the gun 16 and 15 times with your strong hand then weak hand. As the class gets closer they have Agilty and oral Psychs pretty often to get the class full. Another class just graduated recently so Im assuming the next class will be going in very soon. I would contact my investigator and make sure you get whatever you need to get soon Sometimes for whatever reason their system with regards to setting people up with appointments messes up. With me I missed like 2 classes becuase I wasn't getting called for a written oral for like 6 months and they had 3 written orals within that 6 months. One phone call to my investigator and within a week or two I went in. So just be on top of what you need. If you were to miss the next class I think the following one is in like October or something. Anyway good luck

Carl
    Last edited by carlgotti; 03-27-2007, 08:19 PM.

Comment

agility

hey wassup carl? its crazy because i was on med view that i didn't make thedec class. i finally got cleared on medical at the end of january07. i then had to go to my investigator to sign my medical clearance form. thats when she had told me that she was gonna put my case in. i recently called her last week and asked her if she had knew what was going on with my case. she then told me that she does't know but she had sent my case in. i haven't gotten any kind of letters or anything from them. so now i am basically playing the waiting game. thanks for responding back. good luck!

Comment

whats up boys

I just wanted to let you know that the next academy class is coming in 2 weeks, so the rumors are coming around the academy at this point. You all were supposed to come in this past Thursday but there wasn't enough people. So now they have moved it to 12th of April. Get ready boys. Study hard and whatever you do, DO NOT LOOK AROUND!

Sharky out.

Comment

April 12???

I hope its a at least 3 weeks I have to meet with my investigator on April 18th and I would hope that he wouldn't arrange a meeting a week after the class goes in. I think that would be silly, so I left him a message so hopefully it starts after the 18 th or he could give me a date sooner than the 18th to meet him. one of the 2. Anyway Mr. Sharky whats going on so far with the academy?

Comment

haven't got a call yet.

hey wassup guys? the waiting game is killing me. i still have not been called in to do my agility. all my investigator is saying to me is that she handed in my case and doesn't know whats going on with it. this is crazy. i haven't gotten any disqual letter or anything. hopefully i will get a call this coming week.

Comment

I see you got screamed on during shock for looking around!!!! LOL.....
              Really "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts In New York City"!
              sigpic

Comment

I am going to take the test in May. Whats the turn around time from testing until processing starts? From what I understand, it's about 2 months or so. Is that accurate?

Also, if everything is successful... whats the typical amount of time it takes to get hired? I would imagine that the test they give this May would be used for hiring in the late summer and through the Fall (since they are giving another test is August).

It looks like NYC DOC is doing big hiring. I dont have any arrests or issues with my background.. so hopefully everythign goes smooth.

Comment

i am also taking the test in may 12 for the city...may 17th in my agility and medical with the nys co...had my oral phy like 2 weeks a go...it was easy with the state...i was talking to the recruit for the nyc co and he said they need people bad they are really understaffed...
                  It's Blue Against Green...These colors dont run French boys do...

Comment

The NYC CO recruiter I spoke with at a college job fair last week was telling me how they are loosing CO's like crazy. She was saying that like half of the dept is going to be retiring within the next few years and that a lot of people just end up quitting for various reasons. She said as long as your background is clean, you should not have any problems.

There was an article in the Cheif last week about the DOC having recruiting issues. Hopefully I get in... the pay, OT, benefits, and pension plan is a hell of a lot better than my current job.

Comment

Originally posted by Viper2007
                      The NYC CO recruiter I spoke with at a college job fair last week was telling me how they are loosing CO's like crazy. She was saying that like half of the dept is going to be retiring within the next few years and that a lot of people just end up quitting for various reasons. She said as long as your background is clean, you should not have any problems.

There was an article in the Cheif last week about the DOC having recruiting issues. Hopefully I get in... the pay, OT, benefits, and pension plan is a hell of a lot better than my current job.
                      But the job and alot of the people in the job suck.

Why do you think so many are leaving, quiting and retiring as soon as they can ?

Comment

Originally posted by ColtM4
                        But the job and alot of the people in the job suck.

Why do you think so many are leaving, quiting and retiring as soon as they can ?

I'll tell you why!!!!!! Working in jail SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get out of there to NYPD!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Viper2007

Corrections Sucks!!!!!! Trust me I know, I work there!!!!!! Go to the NYPD!!! Trust me on that one!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Marxdaman29
                            Corrections Sucks!!!!!! Trust me I know, I work there!!!!!! Go to the NYPD!!! Trust me on that one!
                            I am taking the NYPD test also. IF DOC cals me before PD does, I will do DOC until PD calls me. I am also taking Sanitation test, TBTA, DEP Police and a few others. DOC will be temporary- I just need it for the health benefits and job security for the time being. If you ask me if I am doing 20 yrs with them, my answer is hell no.

Keep this in mind... even though Corrections can be a crappy job, it offers benefits and job security that the private sector does NOT have.

Comment

I passed the February 2nd test based on the raw score I computed from DCAS's tentative answer key. How long till I get a call for future processing? Is it too early to call DOC and ask about status of the feb list?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3391 users online. 168 members and 3223 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X