300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For C/O's that carry off duty

So what do you guys carry while off duty? Do you carry a sidearm with cuffs or OC spray etc..? Is there anyone who feels that they do not need to carry a sidearm off duty?

i have a cc permit, but very rarely carry my firearm.

Comment

The longer I work in the Corrections field, the greater the need I feel to carry off duty. Currently I do not. NC C/O's appear to be covered by HB218 but I'm waiting on a reply from the US Attorney General's Office before I feel comfortable exercising that right.
      Under NC law C/O's must obtain a CCW. I don't mind paying for the permit, but it chaps my ***** that I have to pay to take a class that I already take every year with the DOC. I'm just stubborn that way.
      Be sure you're right, then go ahead
      Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
      If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

Glock 19 9mm with a 15 round clip (bought out of state), an extra 15 round clip (bought out of state) and a pair of handcuffs. My life has been threatened several times by high ranking gang members. I'm not taking any chances.

Mike
        New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

When you guys carry is it IWB or OWB?

Comment

all levels of law enforcement should be allowed to carry just for the mere
            fact of self protection, their should no difference on who can carry
            whether yr police certified, correction certified.
            " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
            " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

CC Permit Springfield XD 9. IWB Crossbreed holster
              Last edited by drn151; 08-08-2006, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I carry H&K USP .45, 3 12rnd mags, shoulder holster, cuffs, ID and Badge, and a crap load of paperwork on HR 218 and proof that NC C/O's are covered by it. Also, I keep my duty belt in my vehicle, therefore I also have pepper spray.

I also carry IWB during summer months
                Last edited by RdSqdCO; 08-08-2006, 10:01 PM. Reason: adding carry option

Comment

I carry a Glock 19 (15 rounds) in a CTAC IWB

Comment

I would also want to carry off duty, if I am accepted to AZ DOC. I have been told AZ CO's are allowed to carry on the badge. I feel it would be my responsibility to protect my family anyways. I have been thinking about the new .45 from Springfield Armory:
                    http://www.springfield-armory.com/pr...tl-45acp.shtml
                    "I would rather die on my feet than continue living on my knees".

Comment

Originally posted by Bowles
                      The longer I work in the Corrections field, the greater the need I feel to carry off duty. Currently I do not. NC C/O's appear to be covered by HB218 but I'm waiting on a reply from the US Attorney General's Office before I feel comfortable exercising that right.

Under NC law C/O's must obtain a CCW. I don't mind paying for the permit, but it chaps my ***** that I have to pay to take a class that I already take every year with the DOC. I'm just stubborn that way.
                      Understood. I'm still wrestling with this question (whether or not to carry). I'm toying with the idea of carrying an air taser, which would negate all the legal loophole-isms.

Our captain the other day announced that NC DOC just officially switched over from the .357 revolver to the .40 auto.

Matt
                      Everyone's a "tough guy" behind the bars!

I/M: "Why is you always treatin' us like we is locked up in prison?"
                      Me: "Uhhhhhh... Because you ARE?"

Comment

Glock 30 - which is a 45 cal 10 rounds. IWB holster kind of a big gun to conceal mostly carry to and from work.

Comment

Originally posted by RdSqdCO
                          I carry H&K USP .45, 3 12rnd mags, shoulder holster, cuffs, ID and Badge, and a crap load of paperwork on HR 218 and proof that NC C/O's are covered by it. Also, I keep my duty belt in my vehicle, therefore I also have pepper spray.

I also carry IWB during summer months

Can you share the paperwork on 218, I too have researched it and believe we are covered but Bowles says that the attorney general says we are not covered. I bet if ever charged wit it a lawyer would get you off.

Comment

Yes, AZ DOC gets the same carry authority as any sworn officer, per Title 13. I do NOT cary handcuffs or pepper spray off duty, as I do not have general arrest powers, and won't be attempting any arrests or takedowns. I, do, however, carry my authorized CZ-PO1 and two spare mags, IWB in a Bianchi M100 holster for right now.
                            AZ also allows open carry for any law abiding adult, and shall-issue CCW permits. Registering my firearm with DOC for entry onto a complex is also the ONLY registration AZ does.
                            Welcome to Free AZ!

Comment

Originally posted by armoredman
                              Yes, AZ DOC gets the same carry authority as any sworn officer, per Title 13. I do NOT cary handcuffs or pepper spray off duty, as I do not have general arrest powers, and won't be attempting any arrests or takedowns. I, do, however, carry my authorized CZ-PO1 and two spare mags, IWB in a Bianchi M100 holster for right now.
                              AZ also allows open carry for any law abiding adult, and shall-issue CCW permits. Registering my firearm with DOC for entry onto a complex is also the ONLY registration AZ does.
                              Welcome to Free AZ!
                              Let's hope it stays that way, Free AZ! The CZ-PO1 is the current duty weapon from the uniformed armed dips. here in Germany. They switched over last year from the Berreta.
                              "I would rather die on my feet than continue living on my knees".

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6708 users online. 326 members and 6382 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X