Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idoc

Hey there

I posted this in the Illinois forum but didn't get much response. Anyone here work for IDOC? Pros/cons? Any idea how often they do their testing process? I would imagine they hire quite a few people so my odds for getting hired would be better....any comments?

What's IDOC?
    Noise Check!

Vic Mackey was my Training Officer

Comment

Illinois Department of Corrections

Comment

That question depends on what you wanna do and where you want to go with the Idoc. As far as I can tell you from previously working for them it's a good agency with many opportunity's and you will definitely gain lots of experience. I recommend you apply for the will county area they tend to hire faster in that area and the commute from chicago is really not that bad. As far as pros once you complete your probationary period and 18 months of service you are eligible to apply for upward mobility which will help pay for your school or go on to another job in the Idoc like parole officer or counselor. As far as cons when you start you will be bumped from shift to shift so be prepared to work irregular hours your first year or so and they do hire year round.

Comment

I actually applied for Will County as well. I live in Plainfield. I just wanted to apply with as many departments as i can to better my chances of getting hired......Any word on how often they test/hire?

Comment

no one else?

Comment

I recently tested or IDOC in September of 05 and been on the waiting since then. In one day you do an apptitude test for 10th grade education which out of 100people 50 failed, then you watch a video and write an incident report, cardio test of going up and down a 16" platform for 3 or 5 minutes, run an agility course, do a set of pushups and grip strenght test and an interview. If you complete that they tell you to wait 4 months before contacting them to see if you are on the waiting list. So for all I know i could have been on the list for more than 3 months now. As of January they don't know when they are hiring. As for how often they test several, of the C/O's said they tested a group of us 4 days prior and i was at the St. Charles facility so i would say alot of testing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4116 users online. 198 members and 3918 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X