Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got hired and have a few questions.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naelbis
    replied
    Well the only difference between a detention officer and a co is the title. You are required by ND state law to complete the corrections academy basic course asap. I believe it is a two week course. There is also and advance course that I think is 4 weeks. You are supposed to go within a year but i know that in my department we are 3 years behind on school. i doubt they will arm you, most Sheriff departments in this state will only certify to carry deputies that are POST lisenced. My equipment in Williams county is handcuffs, OC, and glove pouch. We are debating getting Tasers for all corrections deputies. North Dakota has a serious problem when it comes to corrections. there seems to be an institutionalized mindset that Co's are just unskilled turnkeys that don't need more than minimal training. Just try and ignore the patrol types that acked like they are better than you. remember that once they walk through your door YOU are in charge. Good Luck and stay safe, remember that meth heads are unpredictable so don't get complacent.

Leave a comment:

• ftlaudcop
    replied
    some detention officers have limited training such as 80 hours total
    some correctional officer have 600 or more hours
    some police officer go for 6 months,,,,

also the duties entail what yer boss ( sheriff) tells ya to do.

www.schackdaddy.com

Leave a comment:

• KingB
    started a topic Just got hired and have a few questions.

Just got hired and have a few questions.

I just got hired as a Detention Officer with our Sheriffs Dept. What is the difference between a DO and a CO? What kind of equipment will I be carrying around? Do they arm us?

I begin Nov. 1st and I am really excited to get started. Any advice you guys have to offer would be much appreciated.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2604 users online. 157 members and 2447 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X