300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drugs Found

Well I would like to thank the ones on here who gave me the advice about the shakedowns. I found my first "dope today while I was shaking down an inmates cell. Inmate was fine when I was going through the top of his locker and then when I got to the bottom, he started talking about some off the wall stuff and trying to distract me so that made me just look harder. Well I ended up finding a baggy full of weed in his locker. I'm sure that wasn't the main bunch of it but that's all we found in his cell. Anyways we locked him down and the LT said he had to read him his miranda rights b/c they were pressing free world charges on him and everything... Makes me feel kinda good that I did something for the positive, not nessicarily getting all the drugs but at least getting one of the drug movers out of there for a long time to come. The only said part about the whole situation is my control room officer who is also a male told me I shouldn't call the folks when I found it b/c it was 20 min before shift change and he wanted to get out of there. That's what we have to work with here in Ga! Anyways thanks again for the advice and tips.

Nathan

Congrats on the good find.
    Be sure you're right, then go ahead
    Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
    If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

WTG We have ppl like that here too who want to quit work 30 minuites before so they can change over equiptment and then still have to wait another 20-25 minutes before they can leave...

Comment

Originally posted by 1426
        WTG We have ppl like that here too who want to quit work 30 minuites before so they can change over equiptment and then still have to wait another 20-25 minutes before they can leave...
        Everyone has one or more of them on a shift, congrats on your find!! You have to read them their rights when you find contraband? I thought NH was anal?!!
        READY, AIM...OH! THAT'S GONNA LEAVE A SCAR !!

Comment

We do not have inmates present when conducting cell searches. Officer safety when conducting searches is paramount..but also as you stated inmates will try to distract you. I'm not sure how your facility is set up, but how hard would it be to remove the inmate(s) while the searches are being conducted?

Comment

When I worked for the stae, we made the inmate step outside the cell. It the jail now, we are dorm styled, we do not have the option of having inmate around unless we do a dorm search, then we have 1 officer take them to the gym as the rest of us shake down the dorm.
            We are required to do 2 locker and 5 pats searches a day. so we do them with them right there. I usally take care of my locker searches when guys go out for rec, Doc, or court.

Comment

Good find; shame about the control officer just wanting to coast out, though.

Comment

Nice find. We just found some weed hidden inside a deodorant container. Another good hiding spot inmates often use at my facility is the pocket in their underware. I have found lots of drugs and kites in the "pee pocket".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5003 users online. 282 members and 4721 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X