300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Fired

Don't know if it's just Ga, but it seems like they don't fire any of the sorry CO's that lay out of work everyday, come in when they want to, get their count wrong and everything else. Is this b/c they are so desperate for people or is it really hard to fire someone that works for the state if they aren't having inmate dealings or something of that nature. I have heard both explanations of why they don't get rid of them and was just curious to any other opinions.

Nathan

Originally posted by Bnathanb1982
    Don't know if it's just Ga, but it seems like they don't fire any of the sorry CO's that lay out of work everyday, come in when they want to, get their count wrong and everything else. Is this b/c they are so desperate for people or is it really hard to fire someone that works for the state if they aren't having inmate dealings or something of that nature. I have heard both explanations of why they don't get rid of them and was just curious to any other opinions.

Nathan
    First off here in Pa its a Civil Service Issue and of course the Union to help fight the case too. Pros and Cons of each of course One a good Officer has a chance but so does the crappy one....I don't think they really care about the shortages of staff least here they don't..the big wigs want to get rid of the Unions because there a thorn in there sides.....and so they can do what they want promote who they want and push us around like they want

Comment

In AZ, they never fire ANYONE who is lazy, shiftless, calls in all the time, etc. Quickest way to get fired here? Use force. Any force. Doesn't matter if it's in policy, justified and necessary, doesn't matter if the inmate has just stabbed three officers and a visitor and is raping a three year old in the corner of visitation; our esteemed administration is so stuck on "Hug-A-Thug" that they absolutely DO NOT WANT FORCE USED, EVER. Prime example: the longest prison standoff in history at 15 days, two officers hostage, tactical solution set from day 2 with minimal risk to hostages, one officer repeatedly raped. Did they go in? NO.

I love this department.
      1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

Originally posted by thirdgod
        In AZ, they never fire ANYONE who is lazy, shiftless, calls in all the time, etc. Quickest way to get fired here? Use force. Any force. Doesn't matter if it's in policy, justified and necessary, doesn't matter if the inmate has just stabbed three officers and a visitor and is raping a three year old in the corner of visitation; our esteemed administration is so stuck on "Hug-A-Thug" that they absolutely DO NOT WANT FORCE USED, EVER. Prime example: the longest prison standoff in history at 15 days, two officers hostage, tactical solution set from day 2 with minimal risk to hostages, one officer repeatedly raped. Did they go in? NO.

I love this department.
        ya use of force is a sticky subject here in pa too. Yes I wished they went in also maybe would have taught the turds a lesson about trying that crap....well maybe not but a good thought though

Comment

Funny, I was just having this same discussion at work today. We have officers who are chronically late or absent. One will call in every weekend with one lame excuse after another. This week was I had a flat on the way to work and hurt my back changing it and am now in the emergency room. This officer has no sick time on the books so all the leave is "unpaid leave".
          The use of force issue isn't so touchy in NC, as long as it was justified.
          Be sure you're right, then go ahead
          Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
          If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

I think we can all thank our Unions for the inability of the states to fire anyone. In OR, it takes an act of God to get someone fired...right now, they are talking about giving a guy his job back after he was fired for calling in sick and getting caught at a poker tournament!

The funny thing is... the same guy ripped the Union off for nearly $100,000 while he was the Union President! NICE!
            People who think they know everything are especially annoying to those of us who actually do.

Comment

Originally posted by InspectorGadget
              I think we can all thank our Unions for the inability of the states to fire anyone. In OR, it takes an act of God to get someone fired...right now, they are talking about giving a guy his job back after he was fired for calling in sick and getting caught at a poker tournament!

The funny thing is... the same guy ripped the Union off for nearly $100,000 while he was the Union President! NICE!
              Not the case here. AZ is a "Right to Work" state, so our union has little power. Mainly the dept is so worried about having bodies for the "warm body" posts that they overlook all sorts of BS.
              1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

NC is the same "right to work" a union wouldn't do us any good. I don't know why the state takes forever to fire someone who is begging for it. Let me give you an example.
                One officer I know called in sick, she said she hurt her leg on her other job. The superintendent had no idea she had another job, we have to make a request to work a second job and have it approved. This officer then failed to call back and talk with her OIC. Several attempts (over weeks) were made to call her at home but she never answered the phone. One of the Captains found a cell phone number for her and she answered on the first ring. She told him she'd been sick and didn't think she had to call in because the Dr. had put her out for a week. The Capt. then told her the superintendent wanted to talk to her and she hung up. She has since been spotted by two different officers and a LT working in a stop and rob which was reported to the superintendent. This has been going on for over two months. As of yet she has not been officially fired.
                Be sure you're right, then go ahead
                Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
                If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

You, too!

Same here in Ca. I've worked with some REAL tramps in my day. Lazy, stupid, careless, and hostile partners. Unions sometimes backfire on themselves. They fight to keep people who damn well deserve to be fired. When I came onboard in 1982 they didn't even do background checks! Imagine that! That's changed. But, we still get our share of lops! It's epidemic in a lotta law enforcement communities not just us. My biggest complaint is Officers who can't write an intelligent report. MAN! Some of them are pathetic! Reports are our bread and butter.
                  "ACTA NON VERBA" (Deeds not words!)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4708 users online. 333 members and 4375 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X