Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nights or Days.....you decide !

Hi everyone,
    I am starting a set of 7 night shifts running Monday to Monday and thought "great.... I love nights".....why? because

1.Prisoners all locked up
    2.The prison is so quiet in the early hours....lovely
    3.I get to eat cake at 3am and it's ok
    4.I can sleep all day (yes i can...all dayI've tried it )
    5.Pass my colleagues on days coming in to work as I go home and take the p**s (memo to self...look down or away when arriving for work so they can't do same back to me later)

Bad things about nights at my prison are the Ghosties ....well maybe just the thought of ghosties is enough and going outside in the cold....and dark...by myself....
    " Always a pleasure..........Never a chore"

I came off second shift 1400 - 2200 when we went to 12 hour shifts. I know work 0600 -1800. I have no desire to work nights, did 8 years of them and I do not care for any more. But if that's your thing more power too ya. As far as the ghosties go, just whistle to yourself that's what all the sorority girls do in the movies.
    Be sure you're right, then go ahead
    Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
    If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowles
      I came off second shift 1400 - 2200 when we went to 12 hour shifts. I know work 0600 -1800. I have no desire to work nights, did 8 years of them and I do not care for any more. But if that's your thing more power too ya. As far as the ghosties go, just whistle to yourself that's what all the sorority girls do in the movies.
      I like 1400-2200. Almost all the management are gone by 1700, it pays an extra $1 an hour and the last hour is usually gravy as all are locked down at 2100 and you get a chance to relax a bit. Don't want 2200-0600 until I am about 2 years from retirement. Then I may take a demotion and switch over.

As for nights alone. Yep, whistling helps but remember, never ever open a door when you hear that creepie music in the background. That is what always gets those whistling sorority girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowles
        As far as the ghosties go, just whistle to yourself that's what all the sorority girls do in the movies.
        Hi Bowles,
        Don't the cheerleaders/sorority girls all die a gruesome death...

No choice about the nights-every 22 weeks we have to do a set of them...its in our shift pattern.
        " Always a pleasure..........Never a chore"

Comment

Originally posted by brit girlie
          Hi Bowles,
          Don't the cheerleaders/sorority girls all die a gruesome death...

Not the virgins.

Here are some of the rules:

When it appears you have killed the monster, NEVER check to see if it's really dead.

Never read a book of demon summoning aloud, even as a joke.

Do not go search for something in the basement, especially if the power has just gone out.

When you have the benefit of numbers, NEVER pair off or go alone.

If you sense something is behind you, don't bother turning around to check. Just run.

SEX = DEATH
          Be sure you're right, then go ahead
          Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
          If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

nightshift

I worked nights for six months a year back due to LOD injury and I loved it. Other than the fact you feel like a zombie most of the time its great. More money, less contact with inmates and most importantly, less contact with other STAFF. I loved it except the feeling like a zombie part. One of the guys I worked nights with had been doing it for 20 yrs. He said you never get over the zombie part but you can buy a new car on the diff money alone! When I worked the towers I would smuggle in a walkman and sing the night away!!!

Comment

Whistling in PRISON? I heard that only two kinds of people whistle in prison... guards and homosexual inmates... 'cause they're the only ones who are happy to be there!!

The prison I worked in was a converted Psychiatric Hospital... TONS of ghost stories, if you buy into that kind of thing.
              People who think they know everything are especially annoying to those of us who actually do.

Comment

testing 1 2 3 testing

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aide of their country.

testing 1 2 3
                Last edited by InspectorGadget; 10-04-2005, 07:21 PM. Reason: failed signature test
                People who think they know everything are especially annoying to those of us who actually do.

Comment

No I have to have days, I replaced the Night Capt while he went on Vacation and I like to have died from BOREDOM! Been on days to long and the night shift there was nothing going on, I began talking to myself,LMAO, while I was out walking around.
                  sigpic

Comment

I specifically asked for nights. Out here, days and swings work 5x8, graves is 4x10. Let me think about this: one extra day off and no brass to deal with(rarely see anyone higher than a Sgt. or Lt. on the yard at night)? Give me GRAVES!
                    1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

Night shift is definitely not for everyone. It puts me to sleep. I like the evening shift myself cause I can go home, stay up really late and sleep in till noon if I want. Getting up early really sucks. I got "lucky" and got a transfer to day shift not long after I started and then transfered back to evening after about 4 months on day. Early work sucks. Give me evening anyday.
                      “Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both.” - Erwin Rommel

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6312 users online. 361 members and 5951 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X