300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming a CO (a dq question)

First off i am 20 in california and in a communtiy college right now preparing to transfer to a 4 yr school to get my BA in CJ. But 6 months ago i messed up, while in mexico and fooled around with 2 prostitutes two seperate nights. Big mistake and i realize this now, six months to late. Besides this i have done nothing that would be considerd for dq. I am 2 1/2 - 3 yrs away from applying for a CO job. If i get to a oral interview and someway or another this is brought up i plan on giving full honest answers. What are my chances of becoming a CO or should i consider a new route.

i don't even think that would be even brought up in any phase......
    i am on my 2nd agency....no x rated stuff..was ever mentioned or asked...
    or anything....imoral.....mainthing is drug usage and criminal stuff,
    have a good credit rating too.

www.schackdaddy.com
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

My web site might help you out in your CJ class. I have all my academy notes on it in the files section. Best of luck in getting the CJ job.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

becoming a CO

good luck, CO is a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by copper104
          First off i am 20 in california and in a communtiy college right now preparing to transfer to a 4 yr school to get my BA in CJ. But 6 months ago i messed up, while in mexico and fooled around with 2 prostitutes two seperate nights. Big mistake and i realize this now, six months to late. Besides this i have done nothing that would be considerd for dq. I am 2 1/2 - 3 yrs away from applying for a CO job. If i get to a oral interview and someway or another this is brought up i plan on giving full honest answers. What are my chances of becoming a CO or should i consider a new route.
          This applies to being a state CO: I have been selected to go to the 10/31 academy. First off there is no oral interview. The only time you actually talk to someone is your oral psych. I was not asked any questions relating to anything sexual. Keep you willie wear it belongs going forward and you will be fine.

Comment

I think he is refering to the independant oral exam.. My frined is a detective for our co. When she called me one day asking if I knew a co.. (the co was already working with us and applying for a deputy job) She asked if I knew this person had been assested for lued behavior before she was hired. (We all knew , she had no qualms stating she was "teddy" dancing ( dancing in teddies)in a bar when it was closed down for not having a cabera(?) license.) The reason she was hired, was when they did her background investigation, they found she had openly put it on her application as an arrest and not hid it, so since it was not a fleony, they hired her... only that 3 months after she got off probation as a deputy, they had to fire her anyway.. for... sexual misconduct with other officers... imagine that...
            what Im saying. I would tell it, you can use it as an opportunity to say I screwed up when I was younger, and grew up, and not hide it incase they already know, (which usually they do) . because if they already know, you arer not getting hired anyway! If you come clean, they can say ok he is not trying to hide anything. Good Luck!!

Comment

I don't know jack about Mexico, but is prostitution legal there? If its legal I don't see the problem. I wonder how many C/O's or LEO's in NV ever visited the Bunny Ranch.
              Be sure you're right, then go ahead
              Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
              If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

as far as it being legal i hear both it is and isnt, my guess is that it really isnt legal but that it is very well known but just overlooked by everyone including their own gov. If anyone really knows and could clear this up i would appreciate it.

Comment

Honesty is always good. But, if the question is not asked, DO NOT offer info that is not asked for or about. Just like being on the witness stand. Only answer directly the questions asked. As far as a backgraoud check goes, it most likely will never show up. I've heard of plenty of people doing little petty things in their lives that hasn't come up or kept them out.
                  Ca. D. C. is a good organization to work for. Like any kind of job, there are those that don't belong there. Choose your friends carefully. Pay attention, keep your eyes and ears open, and your mouth closed unless you have something important to say, and you'll do well.
                  I retired from CDC recently, and have had a good career with them.
                  Contact me if you have further questions.

Graydog,
                  Retired
                  With Strength and Power We Will Prevail......

Comment

dont ask dont tell

i think you will be just fine. i dont know anything about the C.D.C. here in TN the only time i was asked any sexual questions was at my pych. exam and they was just basic ?'s just dont go in and tell your coworkers it will come to haunt you.
                    If your Scared, you can get in my pocket!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6350 users online. 342 members and 6008 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X