300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cert

Any County facilities have CERT teams. If so, what are they used for other than extractions? We are also on the look out for any new gadgets and gizmos to play with, so please feel free to share tactics and tools. Thank you.
    Last edited by Dragon1250; 09-23-2005, 08:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Reply:

Originally posted by Dragon1250
    Any County facilities have CERT teams. If so, what are they used for other than extractions? We are also on the look out for any new gadgets and gizmos to play with, so please feel free to share tactics and tools. Thank you.
    We have a C.R.T team that we use for cell extractions and high risk transportations. That'll all I know that we use them for. As far as my knowledge that have in their arsenal (Non-lethal weapons ranging from bean bag rounds to tazers, m4's or m16's (not sure) and glock 22's I believe are the agency standard as well as spray I'm sure. I'm looking to trying out for the C.R.T. team once my probation is over from being a new hire.
    - He took an aggressive stance with clenched fists. I then issued a short burst of my chemical agent.

Comment

Good luck when the time comes.

Comment

we have team for each shift....

used for cell extraction, and in the event the facilty needs to be evacuated they will run security

special equipment.. pepperball launcher, stun shield, hand held stun gun...

Comment

We do not have one yet... have all the equiptment, but no team!! Even had ppl interested put in a matter of Informally almost 2 years ago LOL. Our website says we have one and even shows some ppl from the downtown facility suited up. We do all the brunt work ourselves, guess they are keeping it that way.

Comment

We have ours on days and afternoons. If we are needed on mids we get paged in. We also have similar tools as you guys do Vpr. Except we have been unable to convince our admin to let us get a taser.

Comment

At our Unit we have a S.O.R.T. Unit = Special Operations Response Team. Ours is used for Special emergencies,I.E. a riot, hostage, or in the event we have an escape, or another unit needs our team. They have a wide aray of chemical agents and firearms at their disposal. But each shift is designated an emergency response team as well for forced cell extraction or if we have an inmate that is acting up and we need to show force. Our SORT is on call 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week.
              sigpic

Comment

Any new tools out there that you guys are trying to get? We are always looking out for new restraint systems and such.

Comment

I'm on my facilities CERT team. CERT has officially been replaced by a regional PERT (Prison Emergency Response Team) However we are still unofficially organized and used as First Responders for all emergencies until PERT or the one and only State SORT team arrives.
                  Be sure you're right, then go ahead
                  Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
                  If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6141 users online. 320 members and 5821 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X