X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water
    replied
    Hardest part of the job?

1. Putting up with some of the staff - you can tell an inmate to *&^% off, but it's not "politically correct" to tell a staff member that.

2. People up in the "main office" writing policy, telling staff "how to run a yard" when they haven't been on the yard in 20 years or worse, never been on the yard.

3. This "hug a thug" movement that's slowly making it's way back into prison........three meals a day is all they should get and they should be happy with that.

4. Supervisors who can't make a decision to save their life - who cares if it's the right or wrong answer......grow some and make a decision.

And the list goes on.....................

Really, I like my job but sometimes, I just gotta vent

Leave a comment:

• fl911
    replied
    it would have be to not having the respect of the public..now i press my uniform and try every day to be prof. and then boom the secretary of the fl. dept. of corrections is asked to step down amid a whirlwind of mis-deeds and lies and drug dealing and now we have a temp in office and guess what he is doing going over all the investigations to look for mistakes well now if that is not hard i do not know what is

Leave a comment:

• BritSgt
    replied
    Hardest Part of job?

Having to deal with a staff member who had feces and urine thrown on them by an inmate in our Administrative Segregation Unit...

Leave a comment:

• nemesis
    replied
    I expect inmates to be the problems, so it's easy to move on after they do. However when staff go out of their way to make life miserable for each other, you really have to wonder where they stand. It's usually for stupid reasons, too. Someone gets upset because they are denied vacation or get force fed overtime, then they start pointing fingers and back stabbing.

We have supervisors and administration that are nothing more than Internal Affairs wannabe's. They want to start an investigation on officers who don't dot their i's or cross their t's, but somehow overlook the serious things. Luckily, most of them are inept.

Doccy AU, the idiots here think that "convict" is a status thing. They hate to be called "offender", which is our politically correct term for inmate. To them, offender = rapo. As far as BOSS goes, I don't think most of them have a clue that it means anything.

Leave a comment:

• Skiman94
    replied
    Hardest Part of Job

I think its being consistant. Some days your a hard *** in the programs pod another day Football sunday your chill in the genral pop Dorm. I have always found that to be the hardst part.

THE EASIST PART OF THE JOB: GOING HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Graydog
    replied
    Cimcop1 said it better than most. The unsafe dump trucks you have to put up with, and above all else, the idiot supervisors that have NO line experiance and try to establish leadership. Alot of them can't make a desicion that fits the job. Sometimes the book needs to left on the shelf.
    The inmates I can deal with. They understand the rules. Others don't or don't care.

Graydog,
    Retired out of Ca.

Leave a comment:

• RAIDER62
    replied
    I just started and i would have to say its mentally. Thinking about stuff that happend in the unit while im off, is becoming a real problem.

Leave a comment:

• doccy_au
    replied
    How bout the smell of a cell after the villians have been in lockdown for a week. now thats bad.

Leave a comment:

• moonman100
    replied
    I love my job, but I would say the things I look forward to the least is strip searching smelly homeless people in admissions and secondly the smell that is emanating from the kitchen, I would rather walk all the way around the building than go near the kitchen.

Leave a comment:

• cimcop1
    replied
    Complacent

Amen. Let your guard down & you might get an unpleasant surprise. I've seen it happen. Good point Solid Blue.

Leave a comment:

• SOLID BLUE
    replied
    In all honesty, I would say for me the hardest part is not to get "Complacent". I can handle myself in a fight, I can deal with dibbly stupidvisors, hell I can even deal with the mystery meat at lunch time. But I think we all can agree that complacency is a killer, and unless your rockin and rollinn 24-7 it happens to all of us.

Leave a comment:

• cimcop1
    replied
    Hardest part of this job....

For me it's putting up with dump truck partners, and incompetent supervisors. I can deal with inmates.

Leave a comment:

• Squad Guy
    replied
    It's a love/hate relationship. It's tough to get vacation when you need it. I have been working for corrections for 4 years. I am on squad. I think the toughest part for me is being in a confrontation with 130 other offenders standing by. You have to be at the top of your game at all times and don't let your guard down. There is alot of stress when your on front street and hopefully you have the tools to handle it properly. Another of the hard parts of dealing with offenders is no matter how tense the situation gets - YOU HAVE TO BE IN CONTROL, you might want to take the S.O.B. to the floor but you know the rats have RIGHTS and nowadays you can be sued so fast it ain't funny.
    Just an note. KEEP A SENSE OF HUMOR OR THE JOB WILL EAT YOU ALIVE!!
    Be Safe
    Last edited by Squad Guy; 10-22-2005, 03:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 94cvlx
    replied
    #1.) Forced OT
    #2.) Leaving the job at work and not slipping and treating family like an inmate some times
    #3.) Fellow staff members who do not and care not to know their jobs
    #4.) Fellow staff members who give inmates what they want just to gain compliance
    #5.) The total lack of understanding that the outside world has about corrections

Well there is my *itch list. STAY SAFE

Leave a comment:

replied
    mine??? Not working with the inmates. I exspect them to he idiots. It is working with MOST of my co workers. They hired arrogant, immature kids, who think they are all it. They make it hard on us few mid 30-40's who do our jobs correctly. They are always goofing off, falsifing reports, degrading inmates, talking bad about officers, (and in front on inmates) Cpl's know but they act like it too and cover up since they "hang" out after work together and cover each others butts.. So they keep alot of things from admin. a few have told admin, but they believe the cpls. So here we sit in the middle.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4168 users online. 261 members and 3907 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X