300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hardest part of job?

Hello corrections officers..........just curious as to what you guys think is the most demanding part of your job? physicaly or mentaly...

not sure if everyone will agree....

but whether police or corrections....

the physical and mental = built into the job, and you know already
    what yer dealing with....

some will agree: co workers, and administration
    cause more grief,head aches, specially those
    who seem to be anti- employee , with regards to
    job assighnmet
    promotions
    pay raises
    and other things, that would keeo ya their instead of leaving.
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Hardest part of the job? Easy! SUPERVISORS!

Comment

When I was a blueshirt, the main problems were with inept supervisors and a union that expected me to march in lockstep with them, even when they were wrong. When I promoted, it was upper management that got their jobs because of who they know, and again, the union mentality of "Us vs. Them."
        Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Hardest part?.......convincing a large bloke thatwhen this 5 and a half foot tall woman says she's going to cause pain to him if my orders are not followed.......Oh and secondly......convincing the same bloke a few minutes later that his arm/leg/body part isn't really going to fall off

Easiest?.....after 17 years i'm glad to say.....going to work

The physical side was hardest when i worked with female prisoners, now it's harder mentally 'cos most blokes being bigger/stronger? i rely on my experience and humour (although I can talk my way out of anything now )
          " Always a pleasure..........Never a chore"

Comment

Originally posted by aroddakoda
            Hello corrections officers..........just curious as to what you guys think is the most demanding part of your job? physicaly or mentaly...
            Getting up in the morning.
            KC

Comment

Originally posted by ftlaudcop
              not sure if everyone will agree....

but whether police or corrections....

the physical and mental = built into the job, and you know already
              what yer dealing with....

some will agree: co workers, and administration

That was my first reaction as well. Slack *** co workers who do a *hitty job make it harder on the rest of us. Administration's still stuck in the stone age, thinking that every inmate still walks up to a C/O with his hat in his hand starring at the ground and calling us Captain.
              Be sure you're right, then go ahead
              Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
              If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

Yeah Bowles you have a point , when I was in the academy they told me to not let the inmates call me BOSS hell once I started working in the Prison I noticed I was lucky if they even said Sir or Officer . Georgia is also stuck in the stone ages as well.
                STAND FOR SOMETHING OR FALL FOR ANYTHING .

Comment

The hardest part of the job can be leaving the bad days at work. When you spend your shift working in the box and having some maggot mf'ing you for 6 out of your 8 hours, it's kind of hard to just let it go sometimes. Thank god for the weightroom.

Comment

Well:

In my opinion, the hardest part of the job would be to not let the job change you.
                    - He took an aggressive stance with clenched fists. I then issued a short burst of my chemical agent.

Comment

No matter how hard you try, this job will change you. The only thing that varies is to what extent.

Comment

hardest part of the job? getting the inmates to lock up after mass movement.

Comment

Originally posted by pateshane
                          Yeah Bowles you have a point , when I was in the academy they told me to not let the inmates call me BOSS hell once I started working in the Prison I noticed I was lucky if they even said Sir or Officer . Georgia is also stuck in the stone ages as well.

BOSS = Stupid Son of a Bi**h (backwards)
                          Be sure you're right, then go ahead
                          Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
                          If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

Physically I can hold my own just fine. Mentally, I think we all get drained sometimes and just need a few days off. The tough part is lazy or scared co workers. There is nothing worse than someone that you aren't sure will have your back in a hostile situation. Supervisors that butt heads and argue don't make anything any better either.
                            “Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both.” - Erwin Rommel

Comment

lazy coworkers

HAve to agree with training day lazy and scared coworkers. i try to remember that what happens at home stays at home and work is the same. and the whinning *** inmates of course
                              If your Scared, you can get in my pocket!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3259 users online. 156 members and 3103 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X