300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• incarceration that's the concept

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT HAS HAPPENED SINCE DIRECT SUPERVISION HAS TAKEN OVER EVEYWHERE ?? WE HAVE SATELLITE TV, DVDS, SEEMS THE "KINDER, GENTLER" WAY HAS OVERPOWERED THE REAL DEAL AS FAR AS JUSTICE & SECURITY. IT'S LIKE HUG A THUG IS THE WAY SOME OF THESE BLEEDING HEARTS ARE FEEDING, HELL, SOME INMATES WRITE GRIEVANCES ON WE OFFICERS FOR SWEARING AT THEM. I'M A SEASONED OFFICER THANK GOD I WON'T CHANGE BUT IT'S TOTALLY GONE OUT OF HAND. IT'S LIKE FREAKIN' HA-HA HILTON NOT TO MENTION ONE OFFICER WITH 72 INMATES, DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO SECURITY CHECKS THOROUGHLY, THEN THEY CRY WHEN YOU SHAKE 'EM DOWN!! GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK!!
    READY, AIM...OH! THAT'S GONNA LEAVE A SCAR !!

Dont get me started ! After what I had to endure with Gwinnett County S.O. all because a piece of **** inmate filed a complaint against me.
    You are right I just hope the powers at be wake up before somebody gets hurt. Im not for abusing inmates no. But I dont believe we should kiss their asses and sale out good officers when they file a complaint .
    STAND FOR SOMETHING OR FALL FOR ANYTHING .

Comment

man I thought things could be bad out here in CA. after reading some of stuff y'all are going through in NH, PA, GA ... I'm starting to appriciate our situaiton & union out here (CCPOA: California Correctional Peace Officers Assc.) soooooo much more. the union has been around for more than 50 yrs. but back in the 80's things in CA were really getting bad for C/O's. CCPOA managed to organize enough and gained exclusive bargaining rights and the fight has not stopped. one of the major things the union did was organized a victim rights group with the help of the mother of Sharon Tate victim of charles manson's group. that along with an emphisis on training C/O's better, not to mention a good deal of money out of the pockets of the C/O's placed in the election campagins of the right politicians. now I'm not saying I like everything the union has done in my name but I can say if it wasn't for the union things would almost be unbearable in CA pens.
      the idea that in NH that the fools are allowed dvd players is mind numbing, are they allowed cell phones yet? now, the "brain drain" over prison cable I say give them all they can watch as long as the state doesn't pay for it.
      anyway, check out the rants of CA CPOs at pacovilla.com it might give you some ideas of what and how to start fighting back. the ccpoa.org seems to be in a little disarray lately.
      also google "California peace officers bill of rights."
      We're really fighting the care of the "client" push now. only time will tell how that will go.
      it might be a long tough fight but it sounds from some of the rants I've read on this site that it can only get better.

Comment

STOP YELLING............. TURN OFF THE CAPS PLEASE! MY EYES!

You're preaching to the choir, I believe.
        What is it about, "Thou shalt not.....", do some people not understand?
        Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Comment

I seen the new direct supervision...it sucks.....

like no wonder they can't hire anyone

or they all wanna take off and go to the road....

runnin these place's with skeleton crews no matter what level
          they are is stupid.

they nickle and dime ya with way to many stuipd request's
          that should be farmed out to

the clerk of the court or public offender....

anyway....gang....

sept...16th....22 yrs on the job.....!!!!!

3 more to go..
          " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
          " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Oh yeah, did i forget to mention in one section, kinda a halfway house they CAN have cell phones but have to put them in their lockers when they ret. from work release? Also can order take out on Fridays & have 4 hr. furloughs once a month. Now they're working on getting playstations, gonna be fun to shake that area down, should retire early & get a job at Disneyland!! Did i say that out loud ??

Comment

Originally posted by ftlaudcop
              what's "direct supervision"?
              jeepsta311 how many fools do you have in your pen?
              Last edited by cccsgt; 09-15-2005, 05:50 PM.

Comment

haha.. wow i dont know where you work, but at my prison its 250 inmates to one officer in the cell blocks. Also, i think having tv and other things for them to do is a good thing. Our inmates dont have ANYTHING at all to do except sit in their cells all day long. Giving them something to do would keep them occupied and out of trouble for the most part. I want to come work at your prison.. where is it??

Comment

CTF-Soledad, CA. it's an old pen (c.1949) so there are a lot of blind spots but in our celled housing units we have 2 c/o's on the tiers and 1 officer controling the door to a central corridor. about 250-325 fools doubled celled in a wing. in our dorm setting 2 c/o's to 150-200 fools. that's our level 2 facility. our level 3 facility has 2 yards w/2 celled housing units ea. and 1 dorm. the cell housing units are split in two ea. side w/about 300 fools 2 tier c/o's on ea. side, in the middle is 1 gunner and a c/o that controls the door& salleyport to the yard. About 7000 fools total @ the institution. the fools or their families are able to purchase through a vendor tv's, radio-tape/cd. the proceeds from the canteen go to the institutions tv programing generally just local staions but also a instutional movie/info. channel.

Comment

no, tv is good, but they have rec built on the units so they can work out,play bb& handball 'til after 11 pm. there's 3 big tvs in 2 of the units.the only bad thing is the visits are situated on the top level so whoever comes to visit can see what 's going on & who is there.that's not a great concept!! come on down !! we're always hiring !!

Comment

Originally posted by cccsgt
                      what's "direct supervision"?
                      jeepsta311 how many fools do you have in your pen?
                      direct supervision is a sill-*** way to be placed right in the unit with only a small wall separating you from the inmates. this is 8 hrs. a day sometimes you're on the same unit for 3 months. we have a blue line that they're not to cross[yea, right]it's the man. way to save money per c/o & you don't have time to re-group since you can't get away, plus it can be career suicide. they eat & have programs right there but try to do reports without them trying to look over your shoulder. there's 72 of them & one of us, plus they have intercoms in their cells to really annoy you, it's a stupid concept !!

Comment

Originally posted by jeepsta311
                        direct supervision is a sill-*** way to be placed right in the unit with only a small wall separating you from the inmates. this is 8 hrs. a day sometimes you're on the same unit for 3 months. we have a blue line that they're not to cross[yea, right]it's the man. way to save money per c/o & you don't have time to re-group since you can't get away, plus it can be career suicide. they eat & have programs right there but try to do reports without them trying to look over your shoulder. there's 72 of them & one of us, plus they have intercoms in their cells to really annoy you, it's a stupid concept !!
                        oops forgot!! we have over 300 in the jail as of now but can hold 500. we went from a small county jail of maybe 180 before this one was built, it's a money making politicians dream.

Comment

Originally posted by ftlaudcop

like no wonder they can't hire anyone

or they all wanna take off and go to the road....

runnin these place's with skeleton crews no matter what level
                          they are is stupid.

they nickle and dime ya with way to many stuipd request's
                          that should be farmed out to

the clerk of the court or public offender....

anyway....gang....

sept...16th....22 yrs on the job.....!!!!!

3 more to go..
                          i'm with you all the way!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeepsta311
                            we have a blue line that they're not to cross[yea, right]

Kinda like Les Nessman's imaginary office walls on WKRP huh?

Your lucky, we don't even have a line.
                            Be sure you're right, then go ahead
                            Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
                            If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

We have both blocks and Pods (direct supervision). If there are 56 or less inmates in the pods then it is 1 Officer. From 56 to our max of 70 there are 2. The other posts are pretty accurate. I'll stick to the blocks, especially punitive housing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6494 users online. 358 members and 6136 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X