Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Jailer Certification Questtion?

What does the Georgia Jailer Certification cover?

The smart *** in me would say it covers Georgia Jailers.

The rest of me doesn't know, sorry.
    Be sure you're right, then go ahead
    Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
    If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

The Georgia Jailers course covers Defensive Tactics , Booking Procedures ,
      Finger Printing , Officer Saftey , C.P.R. Gang Awarness , Inmate Rights ,
      Universal Precautions , First Aid , Ethics and Professionalism , Basic Jail Security , Orientation to Chemical Weapons , Release Procedures , Property Inventory , Report Writing , Abnormal Behaivior , Cell Searches , Warrant and Bond Information , Constitutional Law and Liability for Jail Officers . I hope that answers your question .
      STAND FOR SOMETHING OR FALL FOR ANYTHING .

Comment

Thank You

Thank you that

Comment

It depends if you are already Law enforcement certified you have a good chance in starting with patrol . However if you are not you will have to start in the jail because you do not have arrest powers, in Georgia jailers are not considerd Peace Officers for the most part they are not even sworn they are just civilians . In Georgia if a Sheriffs Department hires you as a Jailer or Detention Officer their is no legal requirment to Law enforcement certify you all they have to do is Jailer certify you . However if they hire you under the title Deputy Sheriff they are required under State Law to Law enforcement certify you within in 2 years in that time period you will also be Jailer certified . My advice to you if you are considering coming to Georgia to work for a Sheriffs Department is make sure they hire you as a Deputy Sheriff if they are hiring for Jailers and Detention Officers pass on it unless you want to be a Jailer your whole career .

Comment

In Georgia are Jailers firearm certified through the academy? 80hrs doesn

Comment

[QUOTE=jd545]In Georgia are Jailers firearm certified through the academy? 80hrs doesn
              Davy Crockett

Comment

How long is the NC correction
                Last edited by jd545; 09-10-2005, 04:51 PM.

Comment

No the Georgia Jailer course does not firearm certify you . You will get no firearms training in the 80 hour 2 weeks course . I only know of one Sheriffs Department that will firearm certify you and give you a take home weapon before you are Law Enforcement certified in Georgia and that is the Bibb County Sheriffs Office in Macon Georgia and they hire you as Deputy Sheriff not as a Jailer . Its not against the law to firearm certify Jailers in Georgia . However most departments dont because of Liability issues . If you are hired as a Jailer under state law you do not need a concealed gun permit Jailers are exempt under the Georgia firearms code you will have the same off duty carry powers as a Police Officer . But your department may not let you wear it in uniform to and from work .

Comment

[QUOTE=jd545]How long is the NC correction
                    Davy Crockett

Comment

thats a lotta subject matter to cram into a jailers course....

back inthe late 70's when they stared corrections certification
                      thru sheriff's dept's and dept of corrections, it was a 160 hr course...

then inthe early 80's both police and corrections were 320 hrs
                      and the only difference was 160 hrs needed to be police certified.

probably in all he county jail's operated by the sheriff,
                      the corrections certified deputy's handle every aspect,
                      except for major crimes, that need detectives.

i think fla has 4 small private county jail's
                      and maybe 5 county jail's operated by the county commission
                      ( trust me , the hiring standards go down the tube )
                      imagine showing up to roll call, male officer's ear rings and ghotee's )
                      and you have thug city locked up.

in retrospect....everyone get's my respect...it's a rough job,
                      and it's g9otta get done..

www.schackdaddy.com
                      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

In Georgia who transports detainees to other counties and the Court house?

Comment

they have a ball and chain
                          bagged lunch
                          canteen, they are on the honor system.....
                          " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                          " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

jd, in my county they have deputy sheriffs that are only jailors do 'Transport' for the jail. In the county over, they have the same thing, except from what I understand they use full deputies to work their transport. I have two friends/classmates from my academy class that went into transport. One in my county, the other in the one over from us. I got hired straight to the road.

Comment

In Georgia Law enforcement certified Deputies handle for the most part transport duties. However their maybe 1 or 2 departments that allow Jailers to transport.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4256 users online. 218 members and 4038 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X