Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spook9
    replied
    I have to agree with Kuwaittai, Blood In Blood Out is an awesome prison movie. I think it's a very realistic portrayal of gangs in prison.

Leave a comment:

• cimcop1
    replied
    They filmed "American Me" at my joint. I made good OT behind that flick. They filmed some of it in my unit & SHU (Palm Hall). It was fun. One of the best prison flicks I ever saw was called The Jerico Mile. Not well known, but excellent. Check it out. Stars Peter Straus & Brian Dennie.

Leave a comment:

• sgttribble
    replied
    Originally posted by SHU
    I second that. American Me is the only real one of the bunch. Check out the DVD. It has a story about the making of the movie thats pretty good as well.
    The movie was so good that EME put out a hit on Olmos that he had to pay off. Many of the people who were in the movie got clipped afterwards. Its on the DVD, check it out.
    Brubaker, with Robert Redford, Cool hand Luke is the best, and don't forget the HBO series Oz

Leave a comment:

• JohnKelly
    replied
    Most films on prisons and life within, tend to be a bit depressing for my liking, unless of course if it's a comedy and especially if it's a British comedy.

The only one that comes to mind was not a film, but a TV Series and that was 'Porridge'.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    'On the Yard' - 1978 or 1979.

Filmed at Rockview State Prison in PA, and used staff and convicts as extras.

Old shift commander of mine was in it, applying some phone book therapy.

Really low budget.

Leave a comment:

• Firefly
    replied
    The Longest Yard (Adam Sandler) was hilarious. Good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• thesack
    replied
    Stir crazy with Gen Wilder and Richard prior good comedy. It was filmed in Central unit in Florance. I like the part when they are walking into the cell block acting all tuff saying We bad We bad. But I have to Agree to Amerian Me good movie. But American History X Has some good facts. If you look at the Tattoos in the movie they have the hammer skin tattoos on them.

Leave a comment:

• kuwaittai
    replied
    Pappillion..............I think that is how it is spelled good movie.......... cool hand luke good movie............. Blood in Blood out gangs and prison....tooo real.......Shawshank BEST of all times..........

Leave a comment:

• ftlaudcop
    replied
    they also had a prison movie filmed in oregon

with alan aldo.....the glass house

with: billy dee williams, vic morrow, kristofer tabouri

american me...was great....should be seen in every c/o class

Leave a comment:

• SHU
    replied
    u

I second that. American Me is the only real one of the bunch. Check out the DVD. It has a story about the making of the movie thats pretty good as well.
    The movie was so good that EME put out a hit on Olmos that he had to pay off. Many of the people who were in the movie got clipped afterwards. Its on the DVD, check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Graydog
    replied
    Prison Movies

One of the very "Best All Time" prison movies has to be "American Me".
    It most acurately portrays the daily routine of life in Ca. Prisons, mainly Folsom and Vacaville Medical Center. It also is very close in it's acurracy of the story it shows of the Mexican Mafia. Before he died, we had the head of the M. M. at my pen, and alot of the others too. The white boy in the move was their leader later on. The facts in the move are true to life.
    Some of the inmates familuar with it vouched for it also.

Graydog,
    Retired from Ca.

Leave a comment:

• brit girlie
    replied
    You should have a look at a British film called 'Scum'. All the Brits here will be familiar with it and although it was made many years back, it's still a hard hitting and sometimes shocking film.

Not so much enjoyable but definatly worth watching.

Leave a comment:

• Firefly
    replied
    I love the movie posts. For me THE GREEN MILE, THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ, and MURDER IN THE FIRST are my favorites.

Leave a comment:

• dave18873
    replied
    My vote goes to escape from alcatraz, cool hand luke and even take the money and run...

Leave a comment:

• scooterlee
    replied
    that new show on fox.."prison break" looks pretty good. I just watched the 2 hr. premiere on Monday night! Of course it'll have alot of fiction in it, but pretty intense!!

Stay Safe!!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2952 users online. 192 members and 2760 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X