300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'On the Yard' - 1978 or 1979.

Filmed at Rockview State Prison in PA, and used staff and convicts as extras.

Old shift commander of mine was in it, applying some phone book therapy.

Really low budget.

Comment

Most films on prisons and life within, tend to be a bit depressing for my liking, unless of course if it's a comedy and especially if it's a British comedy.

The only one that comes to mind was not a film, but a TV Series and that was 'Porridge'.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by SHU
        I second that. American Me is the only real one of the bunch. Check out the DVD. It has a story about the making of the movie thats pretty good as well.
        The movie was so good that EME put out a hit on Olmos that he had to pay off. Many of the people who were in the movie got clipped afterwards. Its on the DVD, check it out.
        Brubaker, with Robert Redford, Cool hand Luke is the best, and don't forget the HBO series Oz

Comment

They filmed "American Me" at my joint. I made good OT behind that flick. They filmed some of it in my unit & SHU (Palm Hall). It was fun. One of the best prison flicks I ever saw was called The Jerico Mile. Not well known, but excellent. Check it out. Stars Peter Straus & Brian Dennie.
          "ACTA NON VERBA" (Deeds not words!)

Comment

I have to agree with Kuwaittai, Blood In Blood Out is an awesome prison movie. I think it's a very realistic portrayal of gangs in prison.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2640 users online. 187 members and 2453 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X