Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need NYS Corrections Information

Hello all,

I know this forum is labled "sworn officers only", but I was hoping I can get some insight or information from actual officers regarding the day to day duties at NYS DOCS.

Simply, I would like to know the daily shift hours, overtime opportunities-income potential, benefits, etc. I've read the info provided on the NYS DOCS website, but it doesn't paint a full description of the job. I'm awaiting word on the next academy, hence the curiosity.

Any info and advise is most appreciated!
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by NewYorker4Life; 08-11-2005, 07:28 PM.

Read

Read the book "NEWJACK" By Ted Conover. He went to work for the NYDOC for a year just to write the book about the day to day life of a NYSCO. He goes into great detail about everything you will go through in your first year training and working at Sing Sing. Its a very good book although Conover is on the softside in some respects. Irish seniment I guess or maybe its the fact he knows he's not in it longterm. Your first post will most likely be Osing. Stand it for a few years til you can get upstate where the money/cost of living is much better. Or do three yrs and join the feds like I'm in the hopeful process of doing. Good Luck and READ THE BOOK if you are serious. Its all over the place so it won't be hard to find. Also read the old book "Games Criminals Play". Its out of print but a good public Lib will have it. Good Luck to ya.

Comment

Originally posted by SHU
      Read the book "NEWJACK" By Ted Conover. He went to work for the NYDOC for a year just to write the book about the day to day life of a NYSCO. He goes into great detail about everything you will go through in your first year training and working at Sing Sing. Its a very good book although Conover is on the softside in some respects. Irish seniment I guess or maybe its the fact he knows he's not in it longterm. Your first post will most likely be Osing. Stand it for a few years til you can get upstate where the money/cost of living is much better. Or do three yrs and join the feds like I'm in the hopeful process of doing. Good Luck and READ THE BOOK if you are serious. Its all over the place so it won't be hard to find. Also read the old book "Games Criminals Play". Its out of print but a good public Lib will have it. Good Luck to ya.

Thanks for the info! I have heard of the book but assumed it was fictional. Thanks again!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4647 users online. 278 members and 4369 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X