X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL CO's sign in and say what CI you work

I work @ GULF CI MAIN UNIT
    Erik M. Asher
    1911 builder, FPOA/NRA competition shooter.
    Army veteran 13M (Desert Storm 90-91)
    State Correctional [email protected] GULF CI (Forestry Camp)

Soon to be working with Collier County.
    sigpic

Comment

Suppose:

Well I was suppose to start this past Monday 7/18 @ the Brevard County Jail but had a problem on my physical (Bloodwork) so its being redone. So I'm suppose to start this coming Monday. Looking forward to it, have my uniforms and everything ready just can't wait to start.

- Jason
      - He took an aggressive stance with clenched fists. I then issued a short burst of my chemical agent.

Comment

also under fla law...the Sheriff does not appoint correctional officers
        you are "Special Deputy's " under fla law 30...yr only trained as a correctional officer, to meet the requirements under 943 since you are not engaging in full time police work.
        " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
        " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

I was a state co for a short time last year before moving to the midwest. Santa Rosa CI.
          "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Jesus
          Matthew 11:28

Comment

Confused:

Originally posted by ftlaudcop
            also under fla law...the Sheriff does not appoint correctional officers
            you are "Special Deputy's " under fla law 30...yr only trained as a correctional officer, to meet the requirements under 943 since you are not engaging in full time police work.
            What exactly does all of that mean?

- Jason
            - He took an aggressive stance with clenched fists. I then issued a short burst of my chemical agent.

Comment

since yr a new guy.......

a Deputy Sheriff is a constitutional officer and a exec officer

of the court, you represent the Sheriff, You are a County Official,

you are sworn in to uphold the law, and protect the constitution of the
              u.s.a and florida......don't ever get yr self confused with those
              people that work across the street, you are not one of them.
              that SILVER 5 POINT STAR, carries a lotta weight and responsibility.
              it will be a proud moment when ya graduate the academy
              Last edited by ftlaudcop; 07-24-2005, 08:43 PM.

Comment

since yr a new guy.......

a Deputy Sheriff is a constitutional officer and a exec officer

of the court, you represent the Sheriff, You are a County Official,

you are sworn in to uphold the law, and protect the constitution of the
                u.s.a and florida......don't ever get yr self confused with those
                people that work across the street, you are not one of them.
                that SILVER 5 POINT STAR, carriess a lota weight and responsibility.
                it will be a proud moment when graduation comes for ya.
                I liked your pep talk.
                "You are always just one bad decision away from unemployment, prison or death."

"My profession dictates that I routinely confront the people that the average citizen fearfully crosses the street to avoid. Then I must endure the criticism of that citizen as he judges my actions from afar."

www.speforums.com

Comment

I learned all i know from Sheriff Jack Parker, of Brevard county...
                  when we was working together for ' jake miller " fmer sheriff,,,,

Comment

Well:

I appreciate all of the advice and thoughts, really helps a lot. I spent my first day at the jail yesterday (Monday) tomorrow will actually be my first day with my FTO, the FTO I was assigned Monday was off so I just sat in with some other guys in the "BadBoy" section. Let me tell you, they knew exactly who I was, "new" and "crap for brains" the inmates enjoyed toying with me most of the day. Some were nice or indifferent others would follow me around and in one instance we left Alpha or Bravo rather quickly because a guy was just following me and started yelling a lot. The behavior didn't bother me, a few people were surprised I wanted to do this work. I won't say I wasn't scared and won't be because I will be and still am about it. But I look at it as better to be scared and cautious than relaxed and let your guard down (Get it...guard down?

Comment

Glad to hear things went well, my first day shouldn't be too far off. Keep us informed how things go. I'm sure I'll getting the ribbing by the inmates on my new status as well, but I have one minor advantage that might work to my favor. Hopefully I'll get assigned to the new jail in town which doesn't open until 1 Aug. Therefore, I'll probably start a bit over a month after it opens. So for the most part, everyone's face should be fairly new.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jabrim
                        I appreciate all of the advice and thoughts, really helps a lot. I spent my first day at the jail yesterday (Monday) tomorrow will actually be my first day with my FTO, the FTO I was assigned Monday was off so I just sat in with some other guys in the "BadBoy" section. Let me tell you, they knew exactly who I was, "new" and "crap for brains" the inmates enjoyed toying with me most of the day. Some were nice or indifferent others would follow me around and in one instance we left Alpha or Bravo rather quickly because a guy was just following me and started yelling a lot. The behavior didn't bother me, a few people were surprised I wanted to do this work. I won't say I wasn't scared and won't be because I will be and still am about it. But I look at it as better to be scared and cautious than relaxed and let your guard down (Get it...guard down?
                        wish ya could have seen the old jail in titisville,

the steel bar's....if they liked ya no problem, but ya get a occassional
                        one that throw...waste matter at ya, try and jab ya with a broom
                        and all sorts of nice things....it was quite the happening place...!!
                        and thing from what they tell me have not got better....
                        instead of 250 *** holes locked up , now ya got 1100 approx....

watch yer back....

Comment

Yeah:

wish ya could have seen the old jail in titisville,

the steel bar's....if they liked ya no problem, but ya get a occassional
                          one that throw...waste matter at ya, try and jab ya with a broom
                          and all sorts of nice things....it was quite the happening place...!!
                          and thing from what they tell me have not got better....
                          instead of 250 *** holes locked up , now ya got 1100 approx....

watch yer back....
                          Yeah they're quite a lot of people around you, it can be intimidating but I'm getting more use to it by the day. My fto is really great as well, nice guy, doesn't beat around the bush and gives the right advice. As are all Fto's I'm sure.

Comment

Dade C.I...............

Comment

Asher how are you me and you went thruogh COBS together look at my last name

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5703 users online. 359 members and 5344 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X