300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Collier County, Fl CO's on here?

Just curious if there are any Collier County Correction Officers on here. Applied to to be a road deputy and got offered a job in the jail. Planning on taking it as I get out of the military next month. This whole corrections thing is new to me as I've never seriously considered doing it before. Just have a few questions.
    sigpic

i heard they start everyone out in the jail.....
    have to have 6 yrs to lock in a pension....something to look at at yr age....
    vs 10 with a city. info to find out is when their is a opening on
    road patrol are they legit about transfer to the road......cause i know their
    has to be guys already their who paid their dues ahead if ya....
    in any event hope ya get hired and have a long good career..!!!
    like me....
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Yoy may want to consider working for the state

For the most part State Corrections Officers make more$$$ than SO at least in Gulf county. The benefits are fantastic and you could still work on the road as a reserve deputy on your off days.
      Just something to think about.
      Erik M. Asher
      1911 builder, FPOA/NRA competition shooter.
      Army veteran 13M (Desert Storm 90-91)
      State Correctional [email protected] GULF CI (Forestry Camp)

Comment

Collier County SO is a great progressive agency. Not everyone starts out in the jail however, a majority do. The jail in Collier County is not a bad place to begin your career. The money is good and if you plan on making corrections a career, you can promote fairly fast in this agency. They just built a brand new jail and they are looking for good people. It's a great stepping stone for Road Patrol.

Comment

I'm a little ****ed. Just got notification from FDLE that my EOT for law enforcement got approved, yet CCSO is still putitng me in the jail but gonna get me dual certified (corrections academy plus 2 week liablity for my LE). I can't make any sense of it. I can somewhat understand them wanting to start people off in the jail, but if they can get me certified for LE in 2 weeks vs 13 weeks for corrections, why put me in corrections?
          sigpic

Comment

Their is nothing wrong with working in the jail for a while you will learn alot and it will make you better officer after eveything is said and done .
            STAND FOR SOMETHING OR FALL FOR ANYTHING .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5410 users online. 313 members and 5097 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X