300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Hello:

Hello, my name is Jason and I've been a regular on the forum's here for a little while. Been quite busy lately with the background investigation for the correction's officer trainee position I was applying for and my current job. I recently found out that I was approved for hire with the local sheriff's department for the position and I'll be starting in a little less than two weeks. Just wanted to say hello to everyone on the board in the same boat and say good luck and be safe and I look forward to talking with some of you once things get more settled for me. I'm very excited and highly admire and respect what every one of you do. Talk to you all later.
    - He took an aggressive stance with clenched fists. I then issued a short burst of my chemical agent.

Congratulations on the Hire Jason! I am now in my fourth week of detention officer academy for my local sheriffs office, and while I can't exactly say that its "fun", it is an awesome experience! I just dropped 500 bucks on my first uniform, duty belt, etc., so no turning back now...! I can't wait to earn that badge and go on "the inside". I wish you luck on everything.
    "Fi, fy, fo, fum, I smell the fingerprints of scum."

"The urine stain on your pants signifies that you are a single-shake man, far too busy for the follow-up jiggle."
    Ace Ventura

Comment

Congratulations, and welcome back.
      Be sure you're right, then go ahead
      Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
      If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

Originally posted by phxheat
        Congratulations on the Hire Jason! I am now in my fourth week of detention officer academy for my local sheriffs office, and while I can't exactly say that its "fun", it is an awesome experience! I just dropped 500 bucks on my first uniform, duty belt, etc., so no turning back now...! I can't wait to earn that badge and go on "the inside". I wish you luck on everything.
        You'll have to let me know where they assign you once you find out. Have you done a facility day at Tents yet?

Comment

No, one of our facility days got screwed up, so I have only been to Estrella, although I did spend the whole day in D-Tower with the tents bad boys...I am glad to see another MCSO in here- what class were you? I have heard that many times the top people in their class get placed in Tents or 4th Avenue, Is this true? Any info is appreciated.
          "Fi, fy, fo, fum, I smell the fingerprints of scum."

"The urine stain on your pants signifies that you are a single-shake man, far too busy for the follow-up jiggle."
          Ace Ventura

Comment

I was class 821- RTO's Atkinson and Golston. It's funny that you say the top people get placed at tents; I had never heard that. However, I was the overall top recruit for my class and another guy in my class that got sent there was voted by the class as "class favorite" I guess you could call it, so we both got awards. But there were two others sent there that weren't that great in the academy, and now that have sent a bunch more over that weren't anything great in the academy; a couple recycles, a couple attitude problems, a couple overweight... but due to other transfers and promotions, we needed more people.

I've worked D-tower before, its pretty easy compared to other towers, and I know alot of those inmates..some I sent myself.

Anything else, just ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowles
              Congratulations, and welcome back.
              Thanks, I'm excited and nervous which is to be expected I suppose. Looking forward to starting, any advice (I've read alot of the other threads about newly hired people, what to expect etc.) as to the job and just starting out I would appreciate. Thanks again, be safe and happy.
              - He took an aggressive stance with clenched fists. I then issued a short burst of my chemical agent.

Comment

Don't trust any inmates.
                Make sure whatever you do is covered by policy and you abide by it.
                Always make a copy for yourself.
                Stay alert.
                Remember always that while you are watching inmates, they are also watching you.
                Be sure you're right, then go ahead
                Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
                If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

Good choice of a career!!!

I just got my Certification on JUN 29th. and am working @ GULF C.I. main unit.
                  This is the biggest facility in the State Corrections System.
                  I love my job, and hope that you make the most of your opportunity.
                  Good Luck
                  Erik M. Asher
                  1911 builder, FPOA/NRA competition shooter.
                  Army veteran 13M (Desert Storm 90-91)
                  State Correctional Officer@ GULF CI (Forestry Camp)

Comment

Originally posted by Jabrim
                    Hello, my name is Jason and I've been a regular on the forum's here for a little while. Been quite busy lately with the background investigation for the correction's officer trainee position I was applying for and my current job. I recently found out that I was approved for hire with the local sheriff's department for the position and I'll be starting in a little less than two weeks. Just wanted to say hello to everyone on the board in the same boat and say good luck and be safe and I look forward to talking with some of you once things get more settled for me. I'm very excited and highly admire and respect what every one of you do. Talk to you all later.
                    I'm so glad things have worked out for you! How is the house coming?
                    "Only imperfection is intolerant of imperfection"

Comment

Slow is good:

Originally posted by TXLady
                      I'm so glad things have worked out for you! How is the house coming?
                      Well its coming along slowly, I'll be tiling my son's room this weekend. Been busy with lots of other things including starting the new job and this and that, daily life. Looking forward to starting the new job though, really can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabrim
                        Thanks, I'm excited and nervous which is to be expected I suppose. Looking forward to starting, any advice (I've read alot of the other threads about newly hired people, what to expect etc.) as to the job and just starting out I would appreciate. Thanks again, be safe and happy.
                        Hello Jabrim,

I can certainly understand what your feeling about starting in corrections. I've been on the job now for a month, and for the first week, I actually questioned my decision to accept a corrections position. Now, the job is getting easier, and I feel much more comfortable. Of course, I've still alot to learn! Good luck, and congratulations!

Comment

Yeah:

Yeah definitely a lot to learn, something different every single day. That's a guarantee, had a man today that had to go to the "chair" for restraints and he just didn't want to go peacefully, quite a sight. Everyone be safe and take care.

Comment

I know jason ( jbrim) is earning his money,
                            that county jail is outta control at times
                            hope the new sheriff and county commission
                            see eye to eye on new construction...
                            specially, they need to build a " hell hole" just for
                            confinement within the legal guidelines....some place you don't
                            wanna go if ya disrepect the officer's....

www.schackdaddy.com
                            " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                            " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Yeah:

Originally posted by ftlaudcop
                              I know jason ( jbrim) is earning his money,
                              that county jail is outta control at times
                              hope the new sheriff and county commission
                              see eye to eye on new construction...
                              specially, they need to build a " hell hole" just for
                              confinement within the legal guidelines....some place you don't
                              wanna go if ya disrepect the officer's....

www.schackdaddy.com
                              Yeah I agree, the majority of the inmates don't show their *** in front of officers and start stuff. But the ones that do should be made an example of in my opinion. Officer's hands seem to be tied a lot of the times.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5253 users online. 318 members and 4935 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X