300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other names for CO's

Just a thought, I was thinking of other names given to co's, i.e. nicknames or slang names. I have heard of CO's being called "screws", HBO's "OZ" made use of the name "HACKS", and In my home state, Wyo. the co's are called "bulls", for what ever reason. I have also heard of "cagekickers" as this is what most of the Army corrections MP's are called.
    It would be interesting to see what the rest of you have all heard or experienced.

CO is what most of them call us to our face, also heard screw, bull, H.A.C.K.(Horse's *** Carrying Keys), guard, and plenty of four letter words.
    1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

our deputies assigned to the jail, we jokingly call them
      baggy pants jailer's...the older guys,,,,because of the senior citizen
      non-cop's that are appointed " bailiff's' in the court, as the fla law
      states ...the sheriff or one of his deputies must attend or be present
      in all court rooms of the county, since being a bailiff is not fulltime police or corrections, they do not have to be post certified, we do have a squad of post certified , assigned...,...we call the older jail guys....baggy pants bailiff's.
      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

BOSS backward is SSOB or Stupid Son of a B*****

Blue Shirt

When an officer walks into a area where inmates are up to no good on inmate will yell "Man Down"
        Be sure you're right, then go ahead
        Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
        If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

turn key, knuckle dragger, cop, screw, were all some i heard while on the inside.

Comment

BOSS- Sorry son of bitch backwards

Comment

In Aus we get called Srews, Boss, Forbi, Jacks, Turnkeys
              and of course other colourful descriptions only limited by ones imagination.
              www.theguardiansforum.com

Comment

How about
                Kelly

We are the thin blue line
                between you
                and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

I remember in the C/O academy we were told about a story called Downing a Duck... the C/O of course the duck... Good story and I suggest anyone in corrections to read it....
                  THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

in ny they call us popo or rosco
                    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing

Comment

In some units in Ca., would call us "The Goon Squad". Mainly because we all wear jump suits. Some of the other names listed above are pretty common.
                      Some white I/M's like to use the term "Boss', and a lot of blacks still refere to C/O's as "The Man" or their favorite, "Pigs".

Retired from Ca.

Graydog
                      With Strength and Power We Will Prevail......

Comment

I've heard inmates talkin s***, and calling CO's rent-a-cop, but they usely call co's officer, well at least to are faces.

Comment

In qld we are refered to as chief, boss, screw, dog, turn keys, jacks and other imagineatitive phrases. When we are kitted up we are refered to as the goon squad, stormtroopers, and at one centre I worked we were refered to as Ninja turtles as our kit was all green

Comment

In Florida you

Comment

In my pen

When they call you names is it in the SOP to correct that inmates behavior. I have the good fortune of working inside a prison where we can teach an inmate a lesson if they start talking **** to a officer. Alot of you guys sound like your wardens are way to soft on the inmates as far as what you have to put up with. That only happens in DR in my joint. They baby those pussies up until its time for the injection. But being able to beatdown inmates is the only good thing about my prison. The pay for what we have to do is horrible. I'd kill for CDC pay and a strong union. You guys in CA don't know how good you got. Good bless you and make that money!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3431 users online. 221 members and 3210 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X