300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOP Concealed carry

I work for the BOP in California. I have a small hand gun which I do have registered for the state. Is the BOP credentials good enough to conceal carry in every state. I'm flying to Georgia in two weeks for vacation and I know I will have to check my gun in with TSA, but when I get to GA do I still have the right to conceal carry?

Originally posted by Bambam255 View Post
    I work for the BOP in California. I have a small hand gun which I do have registered for the state. Is the BOP credentials good enough to conceal carry in every state. I'm flying to Georgia in two weeks for vacation and I know I will have to check my gun in with TSA, but when I get to GA do I still have the right to conceal carry?

BOP you should know you are covered by LEOSA after you complete Glynco and can carry concealed in all 50 states. However if flyong you have to put your handgun in checked baggage in a secure container unloaded and ammunition not in magazines etc.

I am a Lead Firearms instructor and have to quash bad LEOSA info all the time, I hear nothing but false info from BOP staff in Cali. Feel free to as any questions or PM me.

Comment

Regardless of what you hear BOP, In625shooter knows his policy and LEOSA. I have learned from him and checked his info.. He had good answers when no one around me did.

Comment

Www.georgiacarry.org for georgia info on restrictions while visiting

Comment

Does LEOSA allow off-duty concealed carry in places excluded to private citizens who have a legitimate concealed-carry permit? Places like the post office, a bank, in a house of worship, etc.?

Comment

(sorry, accidental duplicate).

Comment

Originally posted by Signal108M View Post
              Does LEOSA allow off-duty concealed carry in places excluded to private citizens who have a legitimate concealed-carry permit? Places like the post office, a bank, in a house of worship, etc.?
              Yes, while there are certain restrictions even a covered LEOSA person has to follow (like court rooms and etc) you are good to go in more places than not.

Comment

Federal buildings are still a no go unless your on official business

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Your answer about georgia is in ocga 16-11-130 if you met any of those definitions about off limits places

Comment

I was forced to secure my concealed firearm in a lockable box, in a hospital. I am LEOSA, and the daytime staff, at the same facility, said I was good as long as I had my credentials.
                    I was really upset, as the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing.
                    These "hospital police" carry under SLED(SC State Law Enforcement Division) and are not certified through the SCCJA. I have arrested a ton of folks in that area, and felt like it was poor policy on their part. Next time, we will use their competitors. Just as good and they like seemed retired LEO's on sight.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by htfiremedic View Post
                      I was forced to secure my concealed firearm in a lockable box, in a hospital. I am LEOSA, and the daytime staff, at the same facility, said I was good as long as I had my credentials.
                      These "hospital police" carry under SLED(SC State Law Enforcement Division) and are not certified through the SCCJA. I have arrested a ton of folks in that area, and felt like it was poor policy on their part. Next time, we will use their competitors. Just as good and they like seemed retired LEO's on sight.

Steve
                      Usually places have Zero issue for folks carrying under LEOSA however in most states the right of the property owner is final and hospitals (some anyway) are private property. The ones that are public well again each state/jurisdiction can be different. Blanket no go zones usually make exceptions some don't.

Comment

Originally posted by htfiremedic View Post

Steve
                        That's not right. In SC you can carry anywhere (except Federal buildings, some courts, and sometimes the capital building). Hospitals are restricted for permit holders bit not LEOSA. You also are not required to abide by the no carry signs. If it's private property and you are asked to leave the gun or leave, you'd have to (or be charged with trespassing), but they shouldn't even know you're carrying unless you tell them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

The biggest detriment to LEOSA is people (other LEO's) invest their opinions and personal thoughts into it. LEOSA says what it says and doesnt say what it doesn't. Funny how a privlidge for LEO's is so misconstrued by LEO's towards LEO's, Thats Crazy CO!

Comment

Originally posted by Redacted View Post
                            That's not right. In SC you can carry anywhere (except Federal buildings, some courts, and sometimes the capital building). Hospitals are restricted for permit holders bit not LEOSA. You also are not required to abide by the no carry signs. If it's private property and you are asked to leave the gun or leave, you'd have to (or be charged with trespassing), but they shouldn't even know you're carrying unless you tell them.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
                            I sent an email to the CEO of GHS. He had his Chief Officer contact me(about 10 minutes after business hours began). The Chief said he was sincerely sorry about the confusion. I let him know that I meant no had to any of his folks, they just needed to be on the same page in the play book.
                            He agreed, he said any LEOSA with current quals and card was ok in ANY of his facilities. He covers 3 counties and assured me that he would pass the info to ALL of his people. It helped, I think, that I related it back to a supervisory standpoint. In as much as it made him look bad, and his people look confused. I told him that I knew how that felt, and that I wanted him to be aware of the lack of communication between his people and their policy. He agreed and repeatedly apologized.
                            He has since, so I have been told, posted a LEOSA policy in his facilities.
                            While I hope I don't have to return, if I do, it should be a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by in625shooter View Post
                              The biggest detriment to LEOSA is people (other LEO's) invest their opinions and personal thoughts into it. LEOSA says what it says and doesnt say what it doesn't. Funny how a privlidge for LEO's is so misconstrued by LEO's towards LEO's, Thats Crazy CO!
                              I actually made a call to the SC SLED Regulatory folks, asking their opinion on LEOSA. The office stated that as LEOSA was intended, it's ok for off duty/retired to carry anywhere on duty can carry(as long as concealed) and no alcohol is involved.
                              I took the name, phone number, date and time of the call down and pasted it with the law into my notes on my phone. So far, that's been the only issue, other than my current employer not allowing employees to carry at all.
                              Our Loss Prevention Manager(Corporate) said that the rules were written by people in big houses that had no clue about the "real world" and society in general. He wants all LEOSA AND CCW/CWP holding employees to be allowed to carry, since the company has an "active shooter policy". They recognize it's possible, yet fail to provide the ability to stop the threat. He's tried to explain how those scenes work, but the "blissfully unaware" folks just don't get the picture.
                              Kinda strange that they issue a policy, yet disallow a way to stop employees and customers from being victims. I have trouble looking at things from a civilian standpoint anymore. It's so different, life after LEO.
                              OH WELL, ces't la vie! It is what it is!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4402 users online. 209 members and 4193 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X